cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch offpeak/peak/offpeak

N/A

Come on can you not get it so that whenever there is a switch from peak to offpeak or back again that we dont all get disconected from what we happen to be doing. Does anyone else notice this? Whether its a conversation your having or a site your browsing off it goes at midnigth or 4pm or thereabouts. Or is it just me? I find it so annoying!
12 REPLIES
willhome
Grafter

i use to get msn time out at midnight same with my mate (on plusnet) doesnt happen any more though
Community Veteran

I have never seen this on my account and I do frequently use my connection through midnight. I've performed P2P, FTP and borwsing (don't use MSN) and have never noticed any cut-off or delays going over midnight, or 4pm for that matter.

Are you sure there is nothing on your PC or router that could be causing this?

Have you checked for spyware/virii/malware etc with an up to date virus/malware scanner?
James
Grafter

i use to get msn time out at midnight same with my mate (on plusnet) doesnt happen any more though
That was an MSN thing. Used to happen at 1am BST, Midnight GMT.
N/A

I have checked my pc etc and do run the latest virus software etc. I never had any trouble with this before the introduction of of peak etc. Its just that it seemed to be getting more than a coincidence. Oh well never mind if no one else has the problem it must be me!
N/A

Only time I noticed anything similar to that was when I was playing BF2 and at midnight my ping went crazy-high!

Although i did track it down to the laptop being told to turn on the p2p download gates at 12.00 :lol:

Don't REALLY think i can blame plus.net for that one Smiley
passer
Grafter

I've noticed this at midnight, but only intermittently. It used to be a pain to see my P2P drop at midnight, and I'd lose all my seeds, but it didn't always happen. Perhaps it depends on which gateway you're on..do some handle the Ellacoya stuff better than others? I dunno.

The Technician's nightmare - an intermittent problem.
N/A

Thanks brandon cos thats what happens to me also a friend of mine who is a plusnet customer also experiences the same problem. Im not going mad then. I also understand that internittent problems are a nightmare.
aeroalfie
Grafter

most nights I use my connection before after and during midnight and never seen my connection drop/cut-off/delay etc.
N/A

mine always drops at 4 and midnight......+net are getting to be a joke
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

4 & midnight. Hmmm... what time is your central heating timed for?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

7am and 11pm
N/A

and my central heating is off at the moment. I wonder if someone at the BT exchange makes tea at those times?