cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch off ?@username.plus.net

Andrew
Grafter

After the recent changes I have been into "Manage my mail" and renamed my default mailbox, redirected postmaster to my domain address and now want to switch off anything coming to anything@atetley.plus.net.

As per the instructions I still see on the manage my mail screen I raised a ticket (22332623) requesting this. The response was that I "could do it myself"... So I replied and asked where?... I have just received a further response telling me:

"If you go into 'Manage my Mailboxes' you will see the tab, 'Switch off email."

Well, I've been and looked again and I'm blown if I can see a tab that says Switch off email. Can anyone else see this, is it my imagination playing tricks on me, or are CSC ahead of themselves?
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Can't see anything and as far as I am aware it is not a user changeable option. Perhaps they are working on it being so so the CSC agent may have thought the recent change to rename your catchall included the option to drop email for a domain.

I'm sure comms will be along with an explaination / clarification but in the mean time reply to the ticket and say the option does not exist.
Andrew
Grafter

Thanks Peter - at least I know it's not just me! :lol:
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 159

Sorry about this, the option to switch off username.plus.com is only available via raising a ticket. It's not available as a tool on the website.
I'll go 'educate' the agent in question now.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Andrew
Grafter

That'll be a double execution then :roll:

Presumably the unwritten part of your answer read:

... and action your original request.

Thanks for your intervention.
Community Veteran

Found the relevant section on Bob's blog.

To begin with customers will need to raise a ticket requesting that email to their ‘Virtual Domain’ is switched off however if this proves successful we’ll introduce the option to do this via the Member Centre.

So it may become an option in the future which may be where the confusion came from.

Edit to add: I see Chris has answered now.
quaint1
Hooked

Probably a hopelessly optimistic question. Is it possible to select which username.plus.com mailboxe(s) to switch off? Or is it all or nothing?

If we can be selective, will emails to the 'off boxes' go to the 'catchall' mailbox?

I ask because I use 7 or 8 mailboxes and I can notify new domains to the contacts that use some of them easily, whereas others will take a lot longer.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

It's all or nothing with the virtual domains, so if you switch off mail to username.plus.com it will be switched off for all mailboxes.