cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch From Plus To Premier done and a few questions

N/A

As the title says, In the last few weeks i have switched from broadband plus to broadband premier, I was not happy with the p2p speeds on broadband plus as i now know it is designed for lite use. I was advised to switch to premier which happended instantly after a few phone calls. I am not on a static IP and get full speed on p2p with plenty seeds, Very happy with plus.net Premier as" it does what it says on the tin".
Customers Services are very helpful but you do get the odd newby who doesnt have a clue and i end up ringing twice. Other than that thought i a 100% happy with plus.net.
I also did some tests on noise for my line and found out it was 46DB and was told you had to be 42DB or below to be able to recieve 2mb stable. Even though i have read round the net and people think you can get 2mb stable on 44DB allowing the extra 2DB as you already connected to a isp, If so i was 2DB out of 2mb but 1mb if fine for the minute unless anyone thinks i could get away with going onto 2mb?
I am moving house soon and the estate i am moving to is alot closer to the local exchange and therefore i have checked out a few houses in that estate and they recieve 2mb without any problems so i should be upgraded to 2mb, How would i go about getting my service moved to my new house and regrades done to see if i can be put upto 2mb?
Anyway that is all really, I rate plus.net Premier 10/10 around all aspects and a big fat Tongue
If anyone could answer my questions i would be very happy.
Cheers, Sam
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

All premier products come with a statis IP. Have you disconnected and reconnected your modem/router since the change. If not I suggest you do that and you should then get your static IP. Connection settings -> static IP shows what your IP address is now.

BT tend to be very strict with the line limits now so if you are above 43dB (not 42 as you were told) then the chances BT will give you 2Mbs is slim to none. Some have had 2Mb on higher dB figures but they are rare. What SNR are you getting as that can sometimes be used to determin boarderline requests such as yours so the higher the SNR the better.

Account details -> move my ADSL explains how to move your connection. Once you have filled in the form raise an additional ticket explaining you want to also be upgraded to 2Mbs at the new house and PlusNet will arrange this to happen as part of the move at no additional cost. You can either pay £64.63 now to move or have the cost deferred over 5 years as explained on the page and just pay a small admin fee.
N/A

I already have a static ip, i disconnected everything when i first got changed over a few weeks ago.
Sam