cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch, Delta or Solo

N/A

Switch, Delta or Solo

First off I am not complaining just curious. I have just recieved an email, basically stating that I can't use my Delta card to pay from the 12/12.

One of the improvements that we are making concerns the means of payment that we accept. From 12th December we will no longer process payment by Switch, Delta or Solo for regular subscription payments, but rather we will be moving to Direct Debit or Credit Card payment.

My question is why can't you accept these methods of payment because It's not an improvement for me. I will set up a direct debit of course, I am just curious.

I have just spotted this in another thread
Basically, yeah, but it's to do with Referrals too... It's complicated. On the 13th December, our new FMS (Financial management system) goes live and this will be nailed!

A Financial management system that can't handle Switch, Delta or Solo ? even more curious
37 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Switch, Delta or Solo

I can understand not taking switch or solo, its a lot of hastle, but Delta's go through as credit cards, infact on most websites I enter mine as Visa and it goes through fine.

I'm not happy about being forced onto DD either, I used to use it and it messed up my refferals, although this was over a year ago IIRC.

But I agree it's hardly an improvement to take less payment options.

Chris
jberry
Grafter

Switch, Delta or Solo

I think I'll just paste my reply from the newsgroups as it pretty much covers this:
>Ah, I think the problem is the continuous payments - that Plusnet
>is supposed to gain permission to debit every time for Delta and
>Switch.

This is exactly what the problem is, you are not allowed to take
payments off debit cards without authorization for that specific
payment (i.e. you cannot say "I authorize the next year of payments").
We did try an authorization system at one point (about a year ago or
so) but this caused us so many problems and generated so much extra
work that it was simply not workable - and with the introduction of
our new financial management system due shortly we are now having to
adhere to the correct methods.

If you can enter your delta details as visa and they work then that's
fine but if they so not then direct debit is the only other option
(unless you have a credit card of course).
N/A

Switch, Delta or Solo

Doesn't actually affect me, bec ause I on;ly had an electron card anyway, which everyone (except amazon oddly enough) reckon can't be used for online stuff.

It's just another step in the disenfranchising of those who, for whatever reason, don't posess a credit card, a trend that's been affecting businesses all over the place lately.

Ashe
N/A

Switch, Delta or Solo

Credit cards, the curse of mankind. Along with telephone marketing and spam.
N/A

Switch, Delta or Solo

I would just like to my comments to this.

I have a Solo card which plusnet do not accept. The reason I have this is through personal choice. While I accept the reasons it is not accepted, it does limit any options for me.

For instance, I have just recieved an e-mail inviting me to upgrade to the 1Mb ADSL service. While this may interest me, I cannot take advantage of the offer.

I have no other card apart from the Solo card, and as far as I am aware the regrade fees can ONLY be paid by credit/debit card.

If plusnet are going to limit the payment methods to either direct debit or Credit cards, can do this for all charges? Not everyone can have or wants a credit card or even a Visa Delta card.

Ben
N/A

Switch, Delta or Solo

Could this please be clarified : :?:

If you can enter your delta details as visa and they work then that's fine but if they so not then direct debit is the only other option (unless you have a credit card of course).

The problem is, I would not know if this works untill after the 18/12/03 (my payment day) and if it does not, I immediately get shut down and most likely recieve an email threatening legal action.
N/A

Automatic switch payments.

well I signed up to the lite service, 15/11/03 and never once had to authorise a switch payment. Then my card expired and all the details except (obviously) the end date were the same and they couldn't process it!!
Meanwhile the direct debit was active (my bank confirm) on Tuesday 4th Nov '03 and it was still a further week (only yesterday, tuesday 11/11/03) that they reactivated my account.

I'm a bit annoyed with the promptness my account was deactivated, including Dialup, pay as you go, when the card was rejected, with only an email which I missed (didnt look any different than the standard 'we are about to debit your account . . ') This after a loyal customer whos up until this point had no issues with non payment and has given £193.85 in the year to this date.

I was swayed only from cancelling because the service has been good and reliable and thought it not fair to judge on one failing.
Ianwild
Grafter

Switch, Delta or Solo

HI,

Pay as you go dialup isn't disabled when your account fails billing. What problem did you see with that?

The whole system for failed billing has been reviewed and is much better in the new system, due for launch on the 13th December.

With regard to one off payments, we can normally accept debit card payments for these, as they are authorised for this. We can try and take this with Solo if you like, but the only other option would be that you sent us in a cheque.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for how we could improve this system in terms of the payments types we can accept or the information that we present on the portal?

Cheers,

Ian
N/A

Not Complaining

Ian,

Again I must state that I am not complaining, However a reduced choice for payment options hardly seems like an improvement.

Could you please clarify this statement from Rob
If you can enter your delta details as visa and they work then that's
fine but if they so not then direct debit is the only other option
(unless you have a credit card of course).

PlusNet still are the best ISP I have ever been with and I am more than satisfied with the service and the support guys Cheesy
N/A

Switch, Delta or Solo

Yes. This is consusing. Are we required to re-enter our Delta details through the payment section on this site -or- set up a D/D through our bank's site.

I think I'm paying by Delta anyway so it shouldn't matter. I can't remember ever signing a DD agreement with PN.
Community Veteran

Switch, Delta or Solo

If you are paying by delta, they want you to move over to either credit card or direct debit, they are stopping payments by delta in December.
You could re-enter the details as Visa card and this might work.

Chris
Ianwild
Grafter

Switch, Delta or Solo

Hi,

If you had Delta card details in the system, thery MIGHT work - The thing to remember is that it isn't us who are imposing a restriction, it's our bank. It is them who process all of our tranasactions and it is them who accept / reject payments from our customers.

I would say that Direct Debit, if possible for you, is the best way to go but if you want to try entering a Visa Delta as a Visa Card (Preumably you entered your Delat card as a Delta card before?) then that is your call, however we won't be able to prevent the system failing billing on an account if it doesn't work...

Regards,

Ian
N/A

Switch, Delta or Solo

I have been an ADSL subscriber for over a year, and have always paid using solo - in fact charges have been deducted in the same way as a credit card, without any input from me. (That is, excluding one disconnection problem which is now history) However, if the system is going to change, I think we clients have little chance of altering the decision, even if the change does seem to be in Plusnet's favour.

So to move forwards, do Plusnet offer any incentive for existing subscribers to switch to making "one off"annual payments by credit card? If they do, and I have missed it somewhere, perhaps someone would care to put me right?

Best,
Allan W.
michaelscott
Grafter

Switch, Delta or Solo

Is this change in billing methods the reason that my mam's account has not yet had the first payment taken from it? It was supposed to be taken on Wednesday.