cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surfing seems Ok now

Community Veteran

Surfing seems Ok now

Hi Support

Just went to the contact us to close the ticket I had open but you guys had just closed it before I got there.
Good news though I have just tried a load of sites where I could only connect with the firewall set to medium security. Well I can now report that I can now get to them all with the settings back to the High that they were before all these problems started.

It look like we may be back to normal at last. :rollsmile:

Well of to bed now lets hope it all holds up from now on.
--
Regards
John
http://www.hmrg.co.uk
8 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Surfing seems Ok now

speeds seem to be bombing there way to me, much better then the last few weeks that ive had.

Downstream 450 Kbps (56.3 KB/sec) 517 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 240 Kbps (30.0 KB/sec) 276 Kbps (inc. overheads)

looks good if yu ask me, slightly more on the download tho i think, the overheads take up too much

James.
N/A

lucky lucky yuo!

where is this test done? adslguide.org.uk? please confirm as it is relevant to terrible problem i am seeing. that problem is terrible really terribe upstream speeds.

Downstream 462 Kbps (57.8 KB/sec) 531 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 45 Kbps (5.6 KB/sec) 51 Kbps (inc. overheads)

this is fubar for my needs

> speeds seem to be bombing there way to me, much better then the last few weeks that ive had.
>
> Downstream 450 Kbps (56.3 KB/sec) 517 Kbps (inc. overheads)
> Upstream 240 Kbps (30.0 KB/sec) 276 Kbps (inc. overheads)
>
>
> looks good if yu ask me, slightly more on the download tho i think, the overheads take up too much
>
> James.

N/A

yep done on adslguide uk, here is another test done at 3:16am

Downstream 451 Kbps (56.4 KB/sec) 518 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 236 Kbps (29.5 KB/sec) 271 Kbps (inc. overheads)

so from what i can tell seems ok as of now
im on the plus.net realm if that helps

James.
N/A

Hi James

Thanks for that it is helpful. Here are my figures at this time 3.15am here right after readding your post.

Downstream 465 Kbps (58.1 KB/sec) 534 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 43 Kbps (5.4 KB/sec) 49 Kbps (inc. overheads)

So plusnet are providing the advertised service to you. They are not providing the advertised service to me.

> yep done on adslguide uk, here is another test done at 3:16am
>
> Downstream 451 Kbps (56.4 KB/sec) 518 Kbps (inc. overheads)
> Upstream 236 Kbps (29.5 KB/sec) 271 Kbps (inc. overheads)
>
>
>
H> so from what i can tell seems ok as of now
> im on the plus.net realm if that helps
>
> James.

N/A

To be honest, im getting sick of them, espically over this 'upgrade' they are doing to there network. Its pissing me off and im considering changing over ISP's. One thing is that im still under the min contract , which for my service is 1 year. Which sucks. Im not sure if this would be possible to change/migrate ISP's without paying for those extra months. However i havent had net access for at least 15 hours counting all the outages they have been having. Upload has been ***** and only returned to normal within the past few hours.

James.
N/A

Hi James

I'm sorry to hear this, that you are having a less than gratifying time here.

Kind regards
Lyndon

> To be honest, im getting sick of them, espically over this 'upgrade' they are doing to there network. Its pissing me off and im considering changing over ISP's. One thing is that im still under the min contract , which for my service is 1 year. Which sucks. Im not sure if this would be possible to change/migrate ISP's without paying for those extra months. However i havent had net access for at least 15 hours counting all the outages they have been having. Upload has been ***** and only returned to normal within the past few hours.
>
> James.

chino
Grafter

Yeh i am sorry too as i am on the plusdsl.net realm and it all seems good here...

cUnDaLl

--

1.7 GHz AMD XP, 768MB DDR PC2100 Crucial, 120 GB HD IBM Deskstar

Why do we do it because we can...... Smiley
N/A

>
> Yeh i am sorry too as i am on the plusdsl.net realm and it all seems good here...
>

so can you post speedtest plesase?