cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support... or lack of it

N/A

Support... or lack of it

I've long been an admirer and customer or Plusnet and genuinely felt that they are one of the best in the business until i had to report a fault a week ago.

First i faced 20 minute long queue's to speak to someone and ended up being cut off on more than one occasion, both mid queue and while i was speaking to someone. Then i was told to switch my firewall offHuh The whole thing's been working for a year and a half with no problem and now the firewall decides to play up on 3 PC's!!! The operator couldn't get rid of me quick enough so i just reverted to the ticket system which has worked well in the past.

So a week on and where are we? ONLY JUST reporting the problem to BT.. as we all know BT are useless in every sense of the word so i get the feeling it's gonna be another week before someone even looks at the problem.

What is going on with the support? Come on Plusnet, you've got a winning combination, SORT IT OUT!
4 REPLIES
N/A

Support... or lack of it

Unfortunately the escalation of issues to BT requires a somtimes painful elimination of other issues which may be a factor on the client side of the connection. These questions need to be answered before BT will act.

Whilst I am not for one minute excusing the way you may have been dealt with on the phone, ADSL fault diagnosis can be a slow procedure at times.

In fairness, I get the impression that the CSC is overwhelmed at the minute.

I hope their current recruitment drive produces benefits.
chrisco
Grafter

Support... or lack of it

Hi all, Cheesy

It seems that PN have been a victim of their own success. I migrated from a LARGE American ISP (who will remain nameless) on the strength of a report on ISPs in the consumer magazine" Which?". If you think about this logically, there are many tens of thousands who subscribe to this publication & if only 10% of these people decided to do what I did , that's a huge extra work load, & I think that is where the problem lies.
I had no end of problems during 1st week after migration but now I'm up & running everything seems to be A1 - crossed fingers! Having said that, Webmail is pants, but you can't have it all ways I suppose. I really HATE computers, but choose to go with the flow, who cares about contention rates, speeds, lets be honest guys if things are running a few seconds under par does it really make that much difference, chill, have another glass of vino, I would much rather spend my days gardening & appreciating the simple things in life, ( I have some rather handsome runner beans coming on!!)
Cool
Cheers, Chris Cole, gardener extrordinaire!!
N/A

Support... or lack of it

Hello,

I've contacted PlusNet support many times, and I find one way to have a nice chat with support is to go into the IRC chatroom on http://usertools.plus.net.

I find it easier to talk to them via a chatroom, as you can talk to one without having to go through a queue (although you may have to wait, they still could be busy of course), and you can talk directly to one without having to take someones name down and then requesting to speak with them when you next ring up.

I do agree that BT are semi-useless, they've done good for my ADSL activation, just not my modem order that PlusNet placed Cheesy

I hope your problem gets solved.

-Williams1662
csogilvie
Grafter

Support... or lack of it

I've contacted PlusNet support many times, and I find one way to have a nice chat with support is to go into the IRC chatroom on http://usertools.plus.net.

I find it easier to talk to them via a chatroom, as you can talk to one without having to go through a queue (although you may have to wait, they still could be busy of course), and you can talk directly to one without having to take someones name down and then requesting to speak with them when you next ring up.

Note its not an official source of support, and many of the people there are users who should be able to help.