cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support? its a joke. But not a funny one

N/A

yesterday I phone them and it said current waiting times 40 mins, if they bring in the 50 per min charge that would cost a fortune. PLus Net used to be great support was fantastic. Now its dire and user unfriendly, if I want to report a fault I dont want to go through pages and pages of "could be this" when I know what the fault is. Come on Plus Net please get back to where you were, or you are going to loss a lot of users. I had to phone them as they had make a mistake and racked up my usage, ( i was away at the time) they said sorry but that did not replace the hour I had wasted trying to get through on there costomer support line.
4 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Support waiting times are something that we're aware of. However, once the new support number is brought into place things will change. If you're calling about an issue with a core service, such as your connection not working, then you'll still get through on the 0845 number and it should be fairly swift.

We're also going to be keeping wait times on the second number down, as this is going to be there for people who want to ask questions about more advanced support, but the idea is to encourage people to read the help pages on the portal first, as these should cover any issues that might arise.
N/A

I understand fully what you say here, but, if you know what the issue is, why can't ther be a way of raising a ticket without going through of those pages of hints. I mean it took me ages to raise a ticket and only after i raised it in an area that was nothing to do with the issue, but one, on which i could raise a ticket fairly fast without to many redirects. Example below: you will notice that there is no mention of compensation of my time or phone bill trying to make you aware of the error

Hi sorry to go through this means but I got sick of going through page after page of tips when I actually wanted to raise a ticket but couldent because of always being directed to ANOTHER PAGE. This is an exstreamly unfriendly way to raise an issue. OK, to the point I had an email telling me, well read it for yourself:

Dear Mr

This email is to notify you that you have successfully passed your
billing
date therefore peak-time usage management has been removed from your
service.

To avoid further restrictions to your service please schedule large
downloads for off-peak times.

Thank you for your cooperation

Bit of a surprise as I had no idea I was on a restriction as you had not said. Even more of a surprise as as far as I can tell I have only used 12 GB 0f 30, could some one please let me know whats going on. I did try to phone but after hanging on the phone for 50 Mins I got fed up. I have recomended you guys to to others especially as your help desk was quick and easy to get to, that has now changed for the worst. It used to be easy to raise a ticket, now its an absolute nightmare. Please tell me you guys are going to make it better, your not the cheapest around and I have stayed with you because your customer service was good. Now its rubbish.
2006-02-22
23:33:54
Link:CUAremoved
CSC Agent Actioned : dear Customer,

That email was sent to your in error, your connectionw as not managed. Please accept our apologies for any confusion caused.

Regards,
Link:CUAremoved

To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): CSA name removed as per the rules]
JonathanW
Grafter

The contact us wizard is something that we're looking at, as it could certainly do with a revamp at the same time as we revamp other sections of the help page. Though for the majority of things it is helpful in providing people with information they might have missed otherwise.
N/A

PlusNet have never been known to give compensation for downtime or errors on their part as far as I know. Support is slow and often dealt with by people far less capable than the customers.
This won't change with the new premium rate phone number and 'consultancy' service.