cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support call centre??

N/A

Support call centre??

When will the support call centre be improved took me around 3-4 weeks to finally speak to someone in technical support?

I never found a more poor technical support call centre before. Spend more time listening too automated voice messages than anything else. Then on some options just get dropped off and line goes dead.

The one time actually spoke to someone was on hold 40min.

The quality of the line speeds is so poor that does not even compare to my old 2mb telewest broadband line.

Can i please be contacted or given an update on the issues with your technical support line.
3 REPLIES
N/A

Support call centre??

Hi there,

Welcome to the forums.

James Bailey made an excellent post here yesterday, which explained in fairly straightforward terms what is currently happening in the CSC at the minute.

I'll copy the post here for you.

Hi there,

It's no secret that ticket response times are considerably down on what we would refer to as an acceptable level. When Ian posted his last announcement (he's currently working on a new one), ticket levels were practically non existent. I came in and did 8 hours on that Saturday and we had people from all different departments in, although they were obviously lured in by the promise of free pizza for lunch

We're working on a number of things to try and get the response times back to where we feel that they should be. Firstly, we're going through a recruitment process which is likely to take months rather than weeks. Previously, we tried throwing extra resources at this problem, which led to poor trained new staff coming in in tens, which essentially added to the problem. Now we're recruiting in bunches of two's and ensuring that staff are well trained and of a higher standard - we're offering higher salries than previously in order to attract higher quality staff, along with the existing staff members being given payrises as recognition of their efforts.

There's a number of automation fixes going on currently too. From my perspective, the one that will help most will be automated faults. Some clever person at BT decided to completely redesign their fault raising system. I used to be able to raise faults in 55 seconds, now I'll be lucky to get them done in under 10 minutes, which obviously will add to the backlog. Once we get this automation in place, this will help dramatically reduce the number of faults waiting to be raised, and obviously freeing up resources to deal with ongoing faults at the same time.

House moves. AAARRRGGGHHH!!! We're also working on a number of fixes to our processes here to ensure that this will work more effectively. Don't get me wrong, house moves with always be a nightmare, just because of how they are dealt with by BT, but as I'm sure you can tell from reading these forums, they are a common complaint, and one of the things that we are trying to smoothen, to reduce the number of complaints regarding them.

So thats the situation, straight from the horses mouth, so to speak.
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Support call centre??

It does not help customers who can't get a reply to tickets or answers from the phone now. Lot of good saying don't worry it will all be fine in months time, customers want help now not in six months.

The problem with CSC is customers are seeing excuse after excuse with no sign of improvement in sight just a load of promises that may or may not happen.

I find it totaly unbelieveable that a company that relies on referals from it's customers to excist can let a situation like this get so out of hand. It's not as though the CSC problems popped up all of a sudden, they have been getting worse for more than a year.
N/A

Support call centre??

Hi George.

No argument there.

PlusNet are very concious of the state of play with regard to support and this is an area where PUG are providing a lot of input and feedback to PlusNet in addition to that which is coming from the various forums and avenues.

We expect an update very soon as to the state of play with regards to support provision.

Clearly there is still a lot of work to be done.