cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Ticket 20153709 can't be bothered with it Plusnet?

N/A

First off this is a plea to look at the above support ticket which has been awaiting a response from PN for a week.

Secondly I think you need to understand that satisfaction with your product will be a combination of product delivered and treatment of customers when its not. We all expect a service but understand that with technology its sometimes does the unexpected; in my case the local exchange being flooded. I have been without a 'real' connection for a month, during which you have taken your monthly fee for a service you have failed to fully deliver. What really bothers me is not that I have lost the use of most of my internet (it operates at 132kbs and often stops completly) but the fact that you don't care. I am fed up with chasing you, waiting on the phone, opening new tickets to try to raise a spark of interest and generally being left days and weeks with no communication. I'm sure your business plan is sound but it will soon be undermined if customers who pay their bills every month start moving away.

I am fed up with excuses and can only hope that your faults are rectified as fast as your accounts department takes my money. I start a course in November and need the internet up and running; if you don't want to provide the service there are lots of people who will.
4 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Hi there,

I've responded to your ticket.
N/A

Update, the response from PN offered to downgrade my service to 1 mb citing 'BT bRAS restriction'. I asked for clarification of what this means and if the speed reduction is only short term. Its been 24 hrs since I replied and I have not been contacted by PN yet.

Strange that after more than 7 days of no contact a question on a public forum suddenly gets picked up and the fault is moved forward within 90mins! I bring this back to the public arena in an attempt to maintain PN's interest in providing my service. Although PN maybe working away with all the assets at their disposal its more likely that they are monitoring the public forums with the intention of moving the issue of poor customer service from public to private view.

Am I being too hard on PN and unreasonable? After a month with poor service, poor customer support and little interest in delivering the product I pay for I feel entitled to start getting unreasonable.
N/A

Lucky you coomber - at least you managed to get a response thru here. I've tried doing things the "proper" way by raising a ticket and just get ignored, ringing them and leaving a message (never manage to get thru to a live person no matter how long I wait, although I do tend to give up after an hour, no commitment you see) and begging for help on this forum. And still nothing. You should count yourself lucky as one of the elite few that PN customer service have deigned to respond to.

So what about me then jamesbailey? My problem not important enough? I've just had another weekend with my family ruined because I was unable to do the fairly small amount of work I needed to do from home because I didn't have a broadband connection and so instead had to drive into my office - over an hour away. I'm supposed to be off this week but again, I do need to keep in touch with work and have some stuff I need to catch up on from home. At the moment I see no prospect of having a broadband service available at any point in the near future and so will probably lose at least one of my days off. I'm sure PlusNet will take all this into account when it comes to not billing me anything for the coming month, as I've had next to no service this month. Yeah, right.
N/A

I will consider myself lucky paul! I know how you feel. With BT installation they promise to get you up and running on a certain date and then pay compensation when they fail to deliver. Perhaps PN might like to consider this option, fat chance. Perhaps PN can use some of their time to design a billing system that charges for what they deliver instead of what they promise to deliver.

When you know that the problem is being worked on its frustrating but you can work around it; but never knowing if PN are working on it or not is unacceptable. Good luck in your quest for a connection!

Richard Coomber

PS the latest update is that my problem maybe down to PN changing me to an 'adaptable' line sometime ago!