cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Line Telephone Number is where?

N/A

Can some kind person give me the Support Line telephone number. They've sent me an email asking me to phone this support line and the number wasn't in there. I went to the member centre and have been clicking around there for about ten minutes and I cannot find it ANYWHERE. I must be going crazy. Many apologies for being a dummy, but if anyone knows it can they let me have it.
23 REPLIES
N/A

The number is 0845 1400200 and can be found here

Hope that helps.
JonathanW
Grafter

Hi,

The support number is available under the Contact Details section of the Help pages.
N/A

Thank you

Thank you so much people. Much appreciated.
Nick_Russell
Grafter

Indeed, where is the Contact Us/Support telephone number?

With the new look Member Centre I have tried Help & Support, Customer Services and Contact Us.

Why the cynical might think that this is a way to stop people telephoning support and make them use the ticket system.

It is beyond me why the number has been removed from the bottom of all pages where it used to be.

As for jwiiting and pcsni's posts - are you both seriously suggesting that to find a support telephone number a customer should be expected to go to help and look for "How to find us"Huh
JonathanW
Grafter

Hi,

The support number was removed from the bottom of all pages a little over a week ago now, and there were a couple of threads on it at that time. The reason behind this is so that we can promote a more self serve attitude in our customers, as the majority of support calls that come through to the CSC can easilly be answered by the information already on the website, or via a contact us ticket.
N/A

Self serve or self support? - the tickets get answered on average once every 4 days.
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

The main page I was seeing until today had the phone number in large text and easily seen. No good talking about self help or contact us tickets if you have lost your connection for some reason.

Hi,

The support number was removed from the bottom of all pages a little over a week ago now, and there were a couple of threads on it at that time. The reason behind this is so that we can promote a more self serve attitude in our customers, as the majority of support calls that come through to the CSC can easilly be answered by the information already on the website, or via a contact us ticket.
Ziggur
Grafter

"so that we can promote a more self serve attitude in our customers"

Oh dear!

Is this the official new PlusNet customer support attitude?

Another ground-breaking initiative?
N/A

No good talking about self help or contact us tickets if you have lost your connection for some reason.

But to be fair - if you had no connection - how would you be looking online to find a number - best thing to do is have it as speed dial on your phone - as no1 because it used quite a lot.
N/A

i happen to agree with this move. Thowing extra staff into a call center wont fix the problem. Getting people to use the help already availible will help reduce dramatically the call rates. Sure adding more staff helps but it doesnt make a great deal of difference.
N/A

Maybe + Net can't get the staff to support the phones

The ticket system is all well and good, it does really not help the user if they are computer illiterate. Be much easier for them to pick up the phone and get someone to help them, specially if I found it frustrating hunting down the support number.
joncooper
Grafter

Hi,

... and there were a couple of threads on it at that time. ...

I really hate how this is trotted out here time and again, it seems if you don't check the forums on the day an announcment is made you're not allowed to ask questions EVER.

sorry to rant a bit, but I see it all the time ~ "we've already discussed this". SO WHAT? 99% of the customer base wern't here (ever) so let's discuss it again.
csogilvie
Grafter

I really hate how this is trotted out here time and again, it seems if you don't check the forums on the day an announcment is made you're not allowed to ask questions EVER.

sorry to rant a bit, but I see it all the time ~ "we've already discussed this". SO WHAT? 99% of the customer base wern't here (ever) so let's discuss it again.

You are able to ask questions again, but people get fed up answering the same questions 5 days on the trot when a simple search may have found the answer...
joncooper
Grafter

I rarly bother, the attitude on here is so poor