cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superfast mac key and no penalties.

N/A

Well it seems they cant wait to get rid of me. Cheesy . 1 hour 23 mins to recieve a mac code... and no penalties.That must be a record... Unless you know different?

2005-11-04
20:08:32

I cant live with the latest unrealistic speed restrictions imposed upon reaching the 15gig usenet limit. I have not recieved any correspondence highlighting these changes.

When I migrated to small business I did so on the telephone. I was told there would be no restrictions on the business account. Nither was I told my contract would change to annual instead of monthly. In view of this I dont expect to suffer from a migration penalty. If I do i will follow it up with trading standards and with the news media.

2005-11-04
21:31:12

Link:CUAremoved
Customer Support Centre
Actioned : Dear Mr ******,
I have generated your MAC key as follows: BBIP********/*****

There is no penalty for this.

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): CSA name removed. Please do not post these details]
17 REPLIES
N/A

I wish my MAC code would get to me quickly. It's almost taken over the 5 days that the OFTEL Code of Conduct suggests. If it goes over this time I'll definantly be taking this up with them. Good news for you though
N/A

If they are dishing out MAC codes that quickly and not even asking you to stay then it makes you wonder.
N/A

Re: Superfast mac key and no penalties.

Well it seems they cant wait to get rid of me. Cheesy . 1 hour 23 mins to recieve a mac code... and no penalties.That must be a record... Unless you know different?

They issued mine in 52 minutes from the ticket being raised, I'm afraid Tongue No penalties and no questions asked. I guess I was a valued customer :roll:
N/A

I wonder, if i was plusnet as any other company I would have done something to keep you as a sub.
N/A

I imagine with the recent changes so many people are leaving in droves that they're getting fairly blase about the whole MAC code thing.

I've been with PN 3 years, and I have to say that for 2 and a half years they were a great ISP. Whenever anyone asked me what ISP I was with I'd always recommend PN wholeheartedly to them. But I couldn't in all conscience do that anymore, because I don't think they really care about their customers anymore. When you start receiving emails telling you, in effect, "these are the new rules, and if you don't like them, we'll be glad to find you another ISP", it really is time to move on.
N/A

40 minutes to get mine and that was including them replying back to me twice, once asking me why i was leaving and the second one asking for my permission to charge my credit card with the deferred activation and modem costs. Once they got my permission i got my mac and all this happened inside 40 minutes.

I asked for mine at around 6:30am one morning so i reckon this could be the best time to get the mac key if this time is possible for some. :lol:

I had only been a member with Plusnet for 5 months and it was my first broadband isp i've been with so i had to pay the activation costs and also the *cough* free modem, came to about £83.75 off the top of my head. This didn't stop them from trying to charge me twice though for it but a quick ticket to them put that right.

But even if i had to have payed double it still would have been worth it :lol:
N/A

just put my ticket in

just put my ticket in, so who you moving to chaps ?Huh
N/A

I'm off to Zen, personally. Mainly cos of good feedback I've got from elsewhere. Maybe it's only a matter of time b4 the other ISPs go the way of PN, but that's no reason to not at least try and search for something better.
N/A

Still looking but Zen and UKOnline look favourable at the moment. Going to speak to their sales departments first tho just to minimize the risk of any future surprises.

Its sad that in a couple of months plusnet have gone from the best and most recommended isp to one of the worst. Maybe not for everybodys typical usage but certainly for many of us here.
N/A

Pasted from the ukonline website:

For our Broadband service, an example where we would consider there to be unreasonable excessive use would be where there is persistently data transfer in excess of 500 Gigabytes per month, which in our reasonable opinion causes detriment to our other Customers.

For 25 quid a month thats not bad at all.

So how come ukonline can maintain a quality service to all its customers and still allow 500gig a month when plusnet cant.
N/A

I received my mac code in about 1 hour last night. I put in my migration request and when I got up this am my new ISP f2s had e mailed me to say everything will be ready by 14/11/2005. If anyone having problems getting their MAC download a lot PN will be no doubt happy to oblige.

I personally think it is outrageous PN wants to get rid of customers but thats where they have been heading for months. So long PN I remeber when you was a decent ISP. Shameful
N/A

I'm off to Zen, quite a bit dearer but i think it's going to be worth it.
N/A

Re: Superfast mac key and no penalties.

I cant live with the latest unrealistic speed restrictions imposed upon reaching the 15gig usenet limit. I have not recieved any correspondence highlighting these changes.

Well, I'm going to jump ship too. The d/l cap probably won't affect me but the throttling is dreadful.

They've destroyed a quality service, then told me to get anything approching what I originally signed up for, I'll have to give them more money.

I'd rather give the money to someone who doesn't move the goalposts every couple of months.

Plusnet are now officially CRAP IMO. No more recommendations from me.
Community Veteran

So how come ukonline can maintain a quality service to all its customers and still allow 500gig a month when plusnet cant.

Because plusnet have to pay for BT centrals at 1.7 million / year for 1 622 UKo don't pay for BT centrals (though I suspect there is an easynet equivalent but cheaper) as they are an LLU ISP hence costs are lower.