cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sundays

N/A

Sundays

Is Sunday usage allowed with PlusNet because the only way I can get access to the Internet is via my neighbour's connection.
24 REPLIES
N/A

Sundays

Not being funny...but I may be dumb...I just really havent got the faintest idea what this question means or what its aimed at?

Perhaps im overly tired...I dont know.
AndyR
Grafter

Sundays

I think it is a dig against the fact that Sundays - especially afternoons - are very busy on the Internet therefore slower. Sometimes to the point of being unusable.
Andy
ady
Grafter

Re: Sundays

I just really havent got the faintest idea what this question means or what its aimed at?

im with him
N/A

Sundays

I think it's to do with going to church.
:?
N/A

Sundays

The buses don't run near me on sunday, perhaps its that?

I guess I'd pay more for them than I do now, since I don't pay anything for them while thay don't run, and if they did, I guess I'd use them sometimes, so yes I reckon I'd pay more for a Sunday service.
Community Veteran

Sundays

The buses don't run near me on sunday, perhaps its that?

Is this another of PN new low cost bandwidth provider ... your ping request will be delivered along with a group of OAPs off to a coffee morning.

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
N/A

Re: Sundays

I just really havent got the faintest idea what this question means or what its aimed at?

im with him

LOL you have quoted my words in someone elses name.

But thinking about this in a new light (and after some sleep), it may bea question to see if the laws of Sunday traffic apply. Basically "The A1 and M1 near me are full of traffic jams, there could I hope to expect the same online Smiley". (PS this is light humor from me, just incase some one lacks the ability to distinguish lol).
N/A

Sundays

Thank you for your comments. You certainly know how to make a newcomer feel welcome.

By 'Sunday service' I mean being able to connect to the internet and send/recieve e-mails on Sundays.

Please feel free to add more sarcasm and 'in-jokes'.
N/A

Sundays

Erm, PN don't prevent access on Sundays - its a 24/7 connection.

Apologies for the mickey taking - people here aren't normally that rude. Shockedops:

Perhaps you could explain any symptoms etc for your connection difficulty on Sundays.
N/A

Sundays

Thanks James.

As I said in the beginning: The only way I can get 'service' on a Sunday evening is through my neighbours unprotected wireless connection.

PlusNet have asked me to leave my modem on whilst BT make some checks.
N/A

Sundays

Hopefully they'll come back with something useful.

It sounds odd though to have a problem which only occurs on one day a week.

Can you think of anything locally which only happens on a Sunday?

Perhaps there is a church in the near vicinity which uses high power sodium lights for example - these can sometimes cause inaudible interferance on your phone line, meaning that your BB fails to connect.
N/A

Sundays

Can't think of anything. I live in a quiet area of the town and as I said I can use my neighbour's connection.

In fact he leaves it open 24/7.
N/A

Sundays

Perhaps there is a church in the near vicinity

That's what I said it was.
Shocked
N/A

Sundays

The nearest church is 2 miles away.