Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suitable product..

Robtheplod
Grafter

Suitable product..

Hi All
Can you recommend the best broadband product for a friend of mine. They have a one man building business, but just need a domain and email (don't want a website) - would a home product be OK? - is this within terms? - would it be poss to upgrade to a business product if they eventually decide to have a website?
many thanks!!!
14 REPLIES
___oDiN__
Grafter

Suitable product..

it depends on the usage requirements really
if they just need email/http then the broadband plus will be ok
as for domains id use someone such as www.34sp.com for a domain and hosting
N/A

Suitable product..

checkout adslguide.org.uk for the best isp // package -- look at zen for basicaly everything
Robtheplod
Grafter

Suitable product..

interesting nobody recommending plusnet - i was actually asking difference between home/business accounts, and when does a home account end and a business account start - ie would plusnet allow a one man business to start with a home account (no website) and upgrade later if things took off??
thanks for contributions so far..
JonathanW
Grafter

Suitable product..

I'd suggest something along the lines of a TeleWorker account, at least to get started off with.

But for clarification, here's what it says in the AUP about the accounts:
For guidance, we consider commercial use to be at a level above that which is running a part time Business or supporting any kind of hobby. Business accounts must be used if the account is to be used from any official Business Premises while Teleworkers are considered to be commercial use of a residential connection.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Suitable product..

A quick check on this account indicates that there is no alternative to an annual contract so you are tied in for a full year.
N/A

Suitable product..

a quick check at adslguide will show you xen out performs pn in all areas for at least the last 4 months -- so tbh who would you go with? a 2nd rate isp or the leading uk isp? mmmm especialy as its for a company. email zen to find out what kind of products they would offer you, as im pritty sure they will give you a direct ans.
dannykos
Grafter

Suitable product..

the sooner you go to zen too - the more cheerful and constructive these forums will be!!
N/A

Suitable product..

says you with 16 posts? wow, go do a back search on my name, find out how many of the 1000 odd to my name HAVE been usefull. To his post the comments made here ARE usefull. He did not originaly specify a plusnet account, infact he asked what would be the best package, and Zen offer better packages than plusnet, they also have better customer support / comunication and all round niceness that PN used to have. So it was a constructive post, unlike yours.
dannykos
Grafter

Suitable product..

well - having read your last 20 or so - they all seem so full of anger and vitriol towards +net - i just don't think that is helpful to people on these boards.

i can't actually believe the mods leave some of this stuff on here - it's bad enough with +net not exactly performing at 100% in the CS/performance stakes, but with people slagging them off to the extent that 'some' on here have - its a wonder more of the recent converts don't leave!!

surely NONE of us want +net to suffer financially - to the detriment (additional or not) of our existing service?

anyhow - don't want to get into a row on christmas eve - just my 'newbie' tuppenceworth.
N/A

Suitable product..

kosifou,

Indeed slagging Plusnet off to all belief is something that shouldnt happen on these boards. However prior to this board being called Community Support it was infact called Customer Feedback. This is how many of us will remember it and as such this is why a lot of people leave their opinions and thoughts here as apposed to elsewhere.
A board full of negativity isnt good as people will stop attending and stop using the boards. However every so often a company needs a good old boot up the back side to make them realise where they may be going wrong.
Look at recent events. Plusnet brought in limits and restrictions and USENET was the only protocol that really benefitted with the likes of P2P suffering. If it hadnt of been for people complaining such as buzzons is, this would have remained and nothing would have been done about it.

So really the good go hand in hand with the bad. Any company that offers a forum board such as this has to expect to take a fair bit of flack via them. I know I wouldnt touch a comapny where I didnt see complaints. Reason being is that the company would more than likely be hiding something.

What you want to stay away from are personal attacks on ANYONE and flaming. Something I dont recomend anyone to partake in as nothing may be achieved by this.

Anyway enough said, keep the peace, and try and not leave yourself open to attacks, but rather more constructive debates Smiley

Regards,
Community Veteran

Suitable product..

Tom has rounded this thread off quite nicely and I don't think there is much anyone can add to that. I'm not going to lock it but lets keep it unheated and within the realms of Xmas and community spirit!

Chris
N/A

Suitable product..

Thanks Chris,

I was rather more expecting a sarcastic reply by some people lol. But I am glad it hasnt shown this way yet, and hopefully would remain as such Smiley

Regards,
N/A

Suitable product..

[sarcasun] me gives tom the "bad hand" [/sarcasum]

happy christmas y'all
N/A

Suitable product..

lol Buz,

Nah, youve never been that bad matey. Anyway, hope your having a pleasant day and enjoying yourself.

MERRY CHRISTMASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Cheesy