cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion for Portal: Synch Rate Data

Galaxy
Grafter

At work we use a Zen ADSL Max Connection, and in their portal there is an option to see the synch rates for the connection in the past, showing stable rates.

Its very useful for working out when problems happen should the IPProfile suddenly drop.

I have posted a screenshot here to http://www.darrenjohnson.co.uk/LineData.bmp of what it looks like.

(Very sorry that it is a Bitmap, but my decent computer has packed up and I'm currently using a thing from 1998 with Paint as the only image prog! If anyone would like to convert to JPG and upload to Imageshack or something then please do)

Would it be possible that PlusNet could implement something like that in the portal?
3 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Yeah, this is something I've thought about raising a few times, but never really gotten round to doing. I'll try and pick this up today - having a historical change history of bRAS profiles would be benificial imho.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

There's been a number of times where I have seen Dave post details of specific sync events to try to help people understand what has happened to their IP Profile. Providing this information would be an enormous step forward.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Galaxy
Grafter

Having it is very useful, for example you can see on there that the profile dropped Early Feb, once I noticed this had happened, it allowed me to use the data give to work out why. (New router purchased on this date and it was synching with a much higher SNR than the old one)