N/A

Suddenly.... Just suddenly...

I've gone 24 hours without a disconnection! Shocked

Whoopie ! ! ! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Maybe there is a god :lol:
10 REPLIES
N/A

Yep, me too, 27 hours, and to think I once took this for granted!
geoffers
Grafter

Same here - I had a BT engineer out to replace the master socket & incoming wire to the house, so put it down to that.
I'm sure that helped, but my line had been OK prior to that.
G
N/A

Same here. Since being maxed in June, I have suffered with dropped connections that have steadily become more frequent.

Then last weekend I raised a support call with Plusnet and *magically* on Thursday I was able to work from home all day (ie. be online via vpn) for at least 12 hours without the connection dropping once.

I have no idea if PN / BT did anything but whatever was done to my line, it seems to have fixed the problem. I didn't change anything inside my house at all.

Let's hope it lasts!
N/A

I've seen the same thing - see my "Suddenly.... Just suddenly..." thread. 24 hours without a disconnection. Normally I only got a few hours, and had to have some 'net program running to tell me when the connection was dropped as the sync to the exchance was never lost.

Also strangely, my SNR has increased by about 6 DB and I've no idea why. Interleaving was already enabled, so it wasn't that. My speed has also increased by about 2000 kbps.
vic_newey
Grafter

I've seen the same thing - see my "Suddenly.... Just suddenly..." thread. 24 hours without a . My

this is your thread lol :roll:
N/A

huh? oops. lol.

I blame plusnet for not putting the topic in the title bar of the browser :p I can't see what I'm replying to when I have multiple threads open at once Sad
boone70
Grafter

I have been having speed and connection problems for a couple of months and suddenly about 10 days ago the speed settled to a very satisfactory 3mb. I am still having random disconnections but have just got an update on my ticket telling me that interleaving is being turned on and I need to switch off and power up my router frequently for about an hour and a half, I don't know what all this means but if it worksI don't mind.
By the way what is interleavingHuh
N/A

Basically (leaving out the technical jargon), Interleaving is a way of making your connection more stable at the consequence of making your latency higher. Your latency only matters in online gaming (and other real-time apps) where it's sometimes called a "ping time".
N/A

making your latency higher

sometimes called a "ping time"

And that's without the technical jargon! :shock:
N/A

ok, ok... Assume online games and other apps send and receive certain information in packets of crisps. The crisps being the data, and packet being the "holder" for the data.

With interleaving enabled, when you throw a packet of crisps over, it may take a little longer for them to return, with or without an additional (possibly different flavour) packet of crisps.

That better? Smiley