cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden Drop in Sync Rate

N/A

Sudden Drop in Sync Rate

Notice several of you have had this problem.

I have been syncing at 7.2-7.4 mbits/s for the past three weeks. The connection has been solid with no disconnection problems at all. Suddenly the sync rate dropped to 6.4 mbits/s last night ( 5th June ). This seems to have happened to a lot of people on this date - Is it D-Day for MaxDSL?.

I have never had a speed test above 5.5. mbits/s so this may be a normal correction - but from what I have read the modem should sync at max possible speed - if I was getting a solid sync at 7.3-7.4 for nearly a month - why the sudden change. No change of line or equipment during that time. No wireless connection etc.

I am concerned that this may be a BT imposed reduction of service expectations - can't understand why the sync rate should suddenly drop on a stable connection.

Any thoughts appreciated. Sad
2 REPLIES
lunarjetman
Grafter

Sudden Drop in Sync Rate

Having seen a couple of similar postings and add to that the fact that BT said they would resolve the Max problems by 6th June I would not be at all surprised if they had raised the minimum target SNR across the board to combat line instability.

That would be a fairly blunt tool that wouldn't help those like yourself whose lines have been robust.
daveyb
Grafter

Sudden Drop in Sync Rate

Hmmm....maybe someone did do something last night but, at least in my case, I don't think it's been to force a higher SNR to resync. This morning my [u]line's back to normal, including around SNR of 6, although I'm now stuck on a low bRAS profile for 3 days which means I'm only "enjoying" a 512k connection which is pretty frustrating to say the least (see http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=43905).

David.