cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck IP Profile??

N/A

Stuck IP Profile??

I thought the IP profile would update every few days, I have been stuck @ 1500, where as my sync is 3000.

I know there is a faul being investigated on my line so is my speed being limited?
5 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Stuck IP Profile??

Hi,

The IP Profile will only increase if the line remains sync'd at a higher rate for at least 3-5 days. If at any point during that time the sync speed decreases, even for just a few minutes then that 3-5 days will be reset.
N/A

Stuck IP Profile??

Cheers Dave, that explains that one then.

Is there anyway to force it to stay at say 2500-3000?Huh
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Stuck IP Profile??

Unfortunately not, Max doesn't work on setting a specific speed but aims at a specific SNR figure or target SNR.

Usually by default this is 6dB, but can be changed to 9, 12 or 15dB if there are problems and when the line syncs it will sync as close as it can to that target SNR regardless of the speed that is, so it could be 512kbps or it could be 7.5Mbps.

Most lines won't fluctuate a lot but across the day it's perfectly normal for the amount of "noise" to increase or decrease, so for example sync'ing in a morning may give a higher sync rate than you'd get sync'ing in the evening.

So if they set a specific speed, say 3Mbps and the amount of "noise" is high enough you may not sync at all which is why it uses rate adaptive technology to sync at the best speed for the target SNR at any given time.
N/A

Stuck IP Profile??

Cheers Dave,

All that makes sense.
N/A

Stuck IP Profile??

Could one of you kind souls at PN please adjust my profile back up to 2000. BT have profiled me back up but you systems dont seem to have updated yet.

Secondly, Id like to go back to a fixed 2meg connection if its possible, as im a bit fed up with the speed drops im getting, and i only get 2meg on Max as it is.
Obviously id only be interested in going back to a fixed speed if it's going to be 2meg, as thats what i had before Maxing, and it was lovely and stable.
Do i have to raise a ticket to do this? and is it free?

Thanks in advance