cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck BRAS profile?

N/A

Stuck BRAS profile?

Hi.

I've been on max now for at least 10 days but my profile is still 2000 kbps. Should I give it a little more time or raise a ticket?

Cheers
31 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Stuck BRAS profile?

You've had a 7mbps profile at the BT end since the 11th. This probably means that we have missed a delta report. I'd give it another couple of days, and if it's still not improved, give me a shout and I'll prod some people.
N/A

Stuck BRAS profile?

I'm just curious about 'Missed a delta report', does this mean that Pn are receiving them and their automated processes are not acting on them or that BT are not sending them.

I've just seen the phrase used a lot and I have always wondered which it is.
N/A

Stuck BRAS profile?

Thanks James, will do.

Luke
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 3

Stuck BRAS profile?

I'm just curious about 'Missed a delta report', does this mean that Pn are receiving them and their automated processes are not acting on them or that BT are not sending them.

Either. I've definitely seen cases where delta reports haven't been sent by BT. Also, if we have an issue when processing a report with your entry, it's possible that your update could be missed. We'd always try our best to clean up properly however.
Pagan
Dabbler

Stuck BRAS profile?

Hi,
James you couldn't give somebody a prod from me as well. I've had a 7mbps profile from BT for at least a couple of weeks, I raised a ticket last Saturday but still no change I'm still stuck at 2mbps.
Cheers,
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Stuck BRAS profile?

Hi,

Looks like for some reason the BRAS profile hasn't updated the speed our side. We're currently waiting on an update to allow us to manually edit the speed on our side, I've taken ownership of your ticket and as soon as the tool is available I'll correct the data and let you know.
Pagan
Dabbler

Stuck BRAS profile?

Thanks Dave
TFC
Grafter

Stuck BRAS profile?

Could my profile be checked please... I'm on 2000 kbps
BT test...
Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test:
IP profile for your line is - 3000 kbps
DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM) 4800 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 1985 kbps

My router stats...
Connection Speed 4800 kbps 448 kbps
Line Attenuation 44.0 db 26.0 db
Noise Margin 6.3 db 22.0 db

Thanks
N/A

Stuck BRAS profile?

can you have a look at mine as well please ive just managed to get upto 2m from being on 500kbps but its been set to 2m now. Ive turned off router as per intructions but got set to 2mb

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test:
IP profile for your line is - 2000 kbps
DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM) 5472 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 1829 kbps
James
Grafter

Stuck BRAS profile?

Hi Bletchingley,

I've just run a check on your line, and BT currently have a bRAS profile of 3424kbps assigned and a 2000kbps restriction at our end, suggesting that the delta reports hasn't been properly received or actioned by us. As with a number of others, we should be able to manually assign the speed profiling at our end on Monday.
James
Grafter

Stuck BRAS profile?

Hi xdevildog,

You have a bRAS profile assigned at 2272kbps, with a profile at our end of 2000kbps, which is correct. Have you rebooted your connection since things were last changed? This might help.

Otherwise things like okay from here.
TFC
Grafter

Stuck BRAS profile?

Many thanks James
N/A

Stuck BRAS profile?

Hi James

My stable rate set at 4500 for a long time until last week when i had a lot of problems. I was getting speeds of around 3.7-3.4 most the time and was stable. I have rebooted my router every day trying to get it back up again. It has been set to 2000kbps my router is showing 5.3 will my stable rate increase again? Or have the decided to keep it at 2000kbps
James
Grafter

Stuck BRAS profile?

If you maintain a steady rate of sync for a period of 3 days, the BTw platform is designed to raise your bRAS profile up to a similar level.