cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange network behaviour tonight?

kjaerligkatt
Grafter

The network seems to be struggling tonight. I've noticed a major hit on performance, but would normally put this down to evening-time contention.

I took a look at the PlusNet Towers network graphs, and this looks very peculiar:

It looks like that on at least 4 occassions (maybe more - a couple of those spikes could be doubles) tonight a huge number of users have been disconnected - something like 30,000. Anyone else seeing performance problems? Is this related to the LLU disconnections (are there 30,000 LLU customers now), or something else? If not, are the comms team aware of this.

Just curious really!

Neil
3 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

It looks like an error with the graphs, the times tie in with the LLU graphs, but the number of customers disconnected probably numbers a few hundred rather than 30,000. If the red graph was correct the black graph should have dropped down a similar amount but didn't, in fact here the red graph is going below the black graph which isn't possible.
kjaerligkatt
Grafter

I thought it was strange that the black graph wasn't tracking the red one. Well, my connection is running a lot faster again right now, so probably completely unrelated and just one of the contention spikes ;-)

Neil
tumnus
Grafter

Considering how pixelated it is and how the red is drawn over the black, how can you tell from that graph that the black line is not tracking the red?

That big dip just after 12:00 is the outage from Sunday which is confirmed and you can hardly tell that the black line dipped there. I got a disconnection (I rarely get disconnected these days - lucky me Wink ) around the time there was another dip after the first 18:00 and again it is hard to see the black line dropping with it.