cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange going on with my email settings since joining PlusNe

N/A

Strange going on with my email settings since joining PlusNe

Ever since I joined PlusNet, my email settings for all my email accounts have been being changed, and not by me! Every so often in Properties, my Incoming Mail POP3 server address changes to "Localhost" and my username changes to username/pop3 incoming mail server.I obviously have to change all of these to get my email to work. Any ideas why this is happening and how to sort itHuh
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Strange going on with my email settings since joining Pl

I get this all the time as well Sad in Outlook, have to re-start the program to get it to check mail.

Malki

N/A

> Ever since I joined PlusNet, my email settings for all my email accounts have been being changed, and not by me! Every so often in Properties, my Incoming Mail POP3 server address changes to "Localhost" and my username changes to username/pop3 incoming mail server.I obviously have to change all of these to get my email to work. Any ideas why this is happening and how to sort itHuh

Hi,
This is usually caused by an antivirus program which is set to scan incoming e-mails. I've not come across the username being changed before, but Norton used to change the incoming server to 127.0.0.1 on a regular basis.
Making sure you have the latest patches for both your antivirus and mail client should help.
Regards

--
| Daniel Hubbard...............................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Senior Technical Consultant..........................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............................@ http://www.plus.net
+ ------ My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -------------+
N/A

This is usually caused by an antivirus program which is set to scan incoming e-mails. I've not come across the username being changed before, but Norton used to change the incoming server to 127.0.0.1 on a regular basis.

Answer to above:
Get rid of Norton, its more of a pain than anything I've ever used.
--
Regards,
Mark Henderson.
(thetop)
www.sussexbridalcars.co.uk