cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange display on VMBU

madjbright
Grafter

Strange display on VMBU

I am a PAYG customer with the basic 2GB included. I have just gone over that 2Gb and have received the expected notification e-mail and therefore went to VMBU to see the status. There are 2 things that are rather strange about the display:

Firstly, although my Paid For usage shows 2.01GB, which is correct, the bar graph at the top of the page has a scale running from 3GB to 4GB. Therefore I do not get a visual picture of how I am using my next 2GB, and will not until I have used over half of it. Surely it would make more sense to set the scale so that the lowest value is the amount of paid for usage that I have used, increasing in 2GB increments, and the highest value is at the next 2GB increment above the total usage. So in my case now the scale should be from 2GB to 4GB.

Secondly the text telling me that I have used up my existing allowance says:

You have exceeded your allowance. Your usage has been extended by 2GB - charged at £3.60 on your next bill (£1.80 per 2GB).

This is incorrect because have added only 1 * 2GB and therefore the text should read:

You have exceeded your allowance. Your usage has been extended by 2GB - charged at £1.80 on your next bill (£1.80 per 2GB).

I trust that I wil only be billed an additional £1.80 rather than £3.60 as the page says.

David
3 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Strange display on VMBU

Hi,

Thanks for pointing this out, looks like just the text is wrong here. You won't be charged incorrectly because of this.

It's already been raised to our developers to correct (as internal problem number 33603).

I'll also take a look into the scaling issue as I think this has been raised before too.
N/A

Strange display on VMBU

Hi,
Thanks for pointing this out...

It's is worrying for the PAYG PlusNet customer's who are reliant on the the VMBU though.
N/A

Strange display on VMBU

It's is worrying for the PAYG PlusNet customer's who are reliant on the the VMBU though.

Particularly as VMBU is not accurate with the times, so what should be free usage becomes paid for usage - in some cases (according to posts on this forum) by quite large differences in the time.