cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Email

N/A

Strange Email

I just had an "alert" warning email from plusnet

Your peak-time usage for this billing month just exceeded 8GB.

Although this is not more than your allowance, we wanted to make you aware of light restrictions to your connection speeds that come into force should you reach 10GB. These restrictions help you to stay within your allowance, and ensure that all customers receive the best possible quality of service.

The thing that confuses me is that I am on option two, with a limit of 15gb, so why am I being threatened with restrictions at 10gb?

If this is the case, that I get start restrictions at 10gb on a 15gb allowance, you wont see my arse for dust I tell you!
7 REPLIES
shellsong
Grafter

Strange Email

My word, you are behind the times aren't you! Wink
For Premier Option 1 at peak time:-
10GB you are limited to 2Mbps with usenet, P2P and ftp limited to 256Kbps
12.5GB you are limited to 1Mbps with usenet, P2P and ftp limited to 128Kbps
15GB usenet, P2P and ftp is capped and the rest limited to 512Kbps up to 30GB
Above 30GB you are put in the naughty corner and told not to come out until you promise to be ever so good!
Two strikes and you're out!
N/A

Strange Email

Dont take it the wrong way mate, but try READING my post first!

The thing that confuses me is that I am on option two,
JonathanW
Grafter

Strange Email

It would appear that your account has been incorrectly flagged within the system, which still believes that you're on an Option 1 style package. I've raised this through internally to ensure that your account is reset within the system so that this doesn't happen again.
N/A

Strange Email

Cheers Jon, was panicking there, much appreciated, can you delete my internal ticket in that case please mate
shellsong
Grafter

Strange Email

Shockedops:
N/A

Strange Email

I wouldnt worry about it mate, i have MONTHS like that
madswitcher
Grafter

Strange Email

I received a similar e-mail yesterday telling me that I had used 2.4 G and that my max was 3G - for a permier option 1 account. I rang CS who told me to ignore it, but last night my speed dropped from a good 1.92 down to 1.4. despite my modem sync'ing at 6M

I put another ticket in 9 hours ago and have still got no response back.

Could some-one kindly gee them up

Mike