cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still seeing the old VMBU

leahk
Grafter

I thought it was supposed to change on my billing date (19 April).

There was a message on Service Status on 24th saying
An internal audit identified some customers that had passed their billing date but had not been migrated to the new VMBU solution. This has now been resolved.
and then again on the 26th saying
Some customers are still not seeing the new VMBU solution, we will be running an audit today to identify these customers and will be transferring those customers identified by Friday 28th April

Kevin Leah
UserID: leahk
20 REPLIES
N/A

I'd suggest raising a ticket if you are not seeing the new VMBU (although it is pot luck if you get a CSC Agent that can read).
Can you manually access the new VMBU?

You can compare the old and new VMBU's as they are both present once you get moved to the new one. The URL has just changed from ending in .html to ending in .php.
Old VMBU
New VMBU
ipanda
Grafter

morning all,

my new month started on the 25th and i am still on the old vmu. rebooted a few times and still nowt! im not that bothered but just thought i would let leahk he/she is not alone Smiley
leahk
Grafter

I'd suggest raising a ticket if you are not seeing the new VMBU (although it is pot luck if you get a CSC Agent that can read).
Can you manually access the new VMBU?

You can compare the old and new VMBU's as they are both present once you get moved to the new one. The URL has just changed from ending in .html to ending in .php.
Old VMBU
New VMBU

No index.php just redirects back to index.hml Sad
N/A

You could try disconnecting and reconnecting your ADSL. I believe some people had to do this in the past to get changes to trigger. If not, raise a ticket, they may have forgotten about you Sad
N/A

leahk,

I wouldn't be too anxious about the "new" VMBU. If my experience is anything to go by, then the new VMBU sucks. It's totally inaccurate. See the other thread How reliable is the usage monitor? in this forum.

And sietchtabr's helpful links work nicely for me. My "Total usage" to date for this "month" (since 11th April) is:

Old VMBU New VMBU
839.84MB 2.05GB

I know I can't prove it, and "Contact Us" refuse to accept it, but I'm convinced that the "New VMBU" figure is totally inaccurate. It includes 1.24GB which I'm supposed to have used between 12.00am and 4.00pm on Good Friday, when my computer was only on for about 6 hrs (9.00am to 3.00pm). And all I did in that time was to browse a handful of web pages.

The "Old VMBU" figure above is consistent with my past usage since I joined in August last year.

For Good Friday (14th April), my "Total usage" details are:

Old VMBU New VMBU
67.3MB 1.24GB

So it is imperative that both tools remain accessible until the obvious problems with the new tool are ironed out.

DT
N/A

I think it's more likely that the old tool gets removed now more people are using it to show up the problems with the new tool.
Eserim
Rising Star

my last billing date was April 1 and I raised a ticket - the reply was I'd have to wait till May 1 to get account name and usage times changed :-(
N/A

sietchtabr,

I sincerely hope your hunch proves wrong. This will certainly be a true measure of PlusNet's openness and honesty.

I would think that most of us expect a broadband service to be hassle-free and always available - without any nagging concerns about "going over the limit". If we've constantly got to "watch our backs" and keep an eye on the "clock", then it makes a mockery of the concept of broadband - particularly if the "clock" is ticking away arbitrarily and out of control.

DT
N/A

I hope I'm wrong too, but from past experience, if something can be removed that is seen to be causing 'unnecessary' trouble or aggravating a situation, then it will be. And concerns brought up have often turned out to be valid no matter how much PlusNet have protested.
Either way the issues with the VMBU need to be looked into and resolved as a matter of urgency. The new VMBU and associated projects were supposed to solve numerous problems but have just brought many new ones.
N/A

the only way I got it was from changing my product from "Plusnet Premier upto 2 meg monthly contract no hardware" to "Plusnet Premier option 1 monthly contract no hardware".

The account change went through a few hours later at 3am (presumably when my line lost sync and reconnected).
ipanda
Grafter

get in....

just went through connection settings to the vmu and im on the new meter thing but i had a link on explorer toolbar and that still takes me to the old one.

but...

on the new one it clearly states that i have used 25mb of internet phone calls. i wouldnt even know where to start to make internet phone calls, i have not even actuated the thing!!! Sad
leahk
Grafter

Well it's 24 hours since I raised a ticket and that has received zero resonse from PN Sad
However I see that they updated the service status late last night to say,
Some customers are still not seeing the new VMBU solution, we have performed an audit to identify these customers and have transferred most customers across. We will finish this process off after the bank holiday weekend at which point all customers should have been moved across.

I just hope that they manage my upgrade to MaxDSL a little better!
N/A

the only way I got it was from changing my product from "Plusnet Premier upto 2 meg monthly contract no hardware" to "Plusnet Premier option 1 monthly contract no hardware"..

That is when you are supposed to get the new VMBU, i.e. when you change from the old products to the new products, on your billing date during April. This should be automatic, you say you changed it, I hope you didn't have to raise a ticket or pay for this.
JonathanW
Grafter

on the new one it clearly states that i have used 25mb of internet phone calls. i wouldnt even know where to start to make internet phone calls, i have not even actuated the thing!!! Sad

This is most likely down to something that you are doing with your connection being identified as VoIP traffic. VoIP traffic showing up when you've not used any isn't something to overly worry about, as this is just part of your regular usage.