cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no email

rammie1976
Grafter

Still no email

Where have all the helpful Plusnet staff gone?

I'm still being timed out of my BB+ email accounts, why?
4 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Still no email

Hi,

I've just done a quick check of each of your mailboxes and they all work fine, each having mail in them (I can't see what the mail is, just that it's there).

Have you checked the mailboxes with webmail? That should work fine. What error message do you get when trying to collect email?
rammie1976
Grafter

Still no email

Thanks Dave, you always were my fave +net 'lackey'. :shock: :roll: Tongue Wink (No really, you've always provided the standard of customer service one would hope for personally. Smiley)

I can log-in via webmail to +net boxes (and to an old lineone account). Just get 'do I want to wait' boxes, then times out - no email collected since about 12:04. Sad
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Still no email

If you tell it not to wait do you get an error at all?

This sort of message often crops up under a few different circumstances. The most common is anti-virus software or firewall software or anti-spam software, some kind of software that scans incoming email. Sometimes these will do an auto-update and then mail doesn't work until the PC's rebooted.

Sometimes you'll get it when there's a stuck email, although in that case I'd only expect the one mailbox not to work.

As for 'lackey'... well Smiley
rammie1976
Grafter

Still no email

Thanks Dave, I'll stick with it for now and reboot everything tomorrow morning (when I might be getting better speeds anyway!).

Are you staying to be a lifeboat attendant? :roll: I'm jumping ship this time as soon as my MAC comes thru. Many thanks.