cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no MaxDSL

N/A

Still no MaxDSL

I am assuming since no user has commented on not having MaxDSL recently in the forum that I must now be the only user that does not have MaxDSL

I daily wait for email form Plusnet to say I have been upgraded and reboot my router/modem (a Belkin ADSL2+ 125 High-Speed Mode Wireless G Router)

Been a member since 2000 raised a q jump Ticket: 19223944 on 21 April which is now Closed by PN on 3 May
62 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Still no MaxDSL

There are 10's of thousands of people who don't have max yet - in fact the majority of cusotmers. Some estimates rate it as Septemeber before all customers will be upgraded.

If you q jumped only on 3rd may, chances are you missed the first submission. I have seen no cries of "I now have max" from any second wave yet.

Personally - I q jumped on 21st April, was upgraded to max on 3rd of May, and had my MSR uprated on 11th May

Think you are going to have to be patient a while.
N/A

Still no MaxDSL

I q jumped on 21 April same as you,

Been a member for 5 five years longer than and you are upgraded before me that is unfair

Also understood that older members would be upagrade first
N/A

Still no MaxDSL

Dont worry you are not the only one - I havn't been upgraded or any of my friends who are with PlusNet.
Cry
K
N/A

Still no MaxDSL

Q Jumped 1st afternoon... not been done yet..
N/A

Still no MaxDSL

The mystery of PlusNet and BT.
I q jumped on the evening of 21st April and was done when I was on holiday.
I've had no mail, I think that the mails went missing with the email problems. But when I got back from windy, cloudy Greece I checked my modem rate after reading of people who'd been maxed without being informed. Sure enough, it was syncing at over 3000 downstream and 488 up.
But my stable rate was still 2000.

Three days later, after disconnecting and rebooting modem, PlusNet gave me a stable rate of 2500. So that means I can't reach the speed I'm syncing at even though it is slowly going up (now 3500).

Are you sure you've not been maxed and received no notification? All the first wave of q jumpers have been submitted to BT in April, and the second wave are due to be submitted within 5 days according to CS.

Some people report being updraded before their q jump ticket has been closed, even.

Best way of checking is your upload syn sprrd. That should be 488 if you're on a 8 MB product, and it soesn't seem to vaty like the downstream sync. Disconnections are another symptom of early max, during the training period.
N/A

Still no MaxDSL

The mystery of PlusNet and BT.
I q jumped on the evening of 21st April and was done when I was on holiday.
I've had no mail, I think that the mails went missing with the email problems. But when I got back from windy, cloudy Greece I checked my modem rate after reading of people who'd been maxed without being informed. Sure enough, it was syncing at over 3000 downstream and 488 up.
But my stable rate was still 2000.

Three days later, after disconnecting and rebooting modem, PlusNet gave me a stable rate of 2500. So that means I can't reach the speed I'm syncing at even though it is slowly going up (now 3500).

Are you sure you've not been maxed and received no notification? All the first wave of q jumpers have been submitted to BT in April, and the second wave are due to be submitted within 5 days according to CS.

Some people report being updraded before their q jump ticket has been closed, even.

Best way of checking is your upload sync speed. That should be 488 if you're on a 8 MB product, and it soesn't seem to vary like the downstream sync. Disconnections are another symptom of early max, during the training period.
N/A

Still no MaxDSL

ive been looking at my modem every day .... still 576kb

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
wjharing
Grafter

Still no MaxDSL

aaargh waiting for ages myself. did receive an email telling me i have been moved to the new service and now on Premiere Option 1, and apparently the new peak time has kicked in as well. but no news of speed increase yet. Still stuffed at a louzy 1mb Sad
JonathanW
Grafter

Still no MaxDSL

We are putting through as many orders as possible at the moment. However, there is a limit to how many regular orders we can place in a day, something that BT have imposed to prevent an ISP from just sitting there and submitting hundreds of thousands of regrade requests in a single day.

In addition to this, there's the queue jump system. Which rather than jumping the queue in the traditional sense, where you move straight to the front, puts you on a reserve list with BT who will then upgrade as many as possible each day. Though the only way that this can happen is if another ISP doesn't use their share of orders on one particular day, leaving extra capacity for those ISPs who are wanting to put through more upgrades.
Community Veteran

Still no MaxDSL

I q jumped on 21 April same as you,

Been a member for 5 five years longer than and you are upgraded before me that is unfair

Also understood that older members would be upagrade first

Sorry - misread your first post - yes that is unfair.
wjharing
Grafter

Still no MaxDSL

In addition to this, there's the queue jump system. Which rather than jumping the queue in the traditional sense, where you move straight to the front, puts you on a reserve list with BT who will then upgrade as many as possible each day.

What is the trick to become part of this queue jumping, if you dont mind me asking? :roll:
graingerjjb
Grafter

Still no MaxDSL

Are PAYG users still first in front of the queue jumpers or has this been changed?

I'm a PAYG but not queue jumped because I thought we were first on the list?
JonathanW
Grafter

Still no MaxDSL

Just visit http://trials.plus.net and raise a ticket through there.
wjharing
Grafter

Still no MaxDSL