cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no LLU MAC code

N/A

Still no LLU MAC code

Could somebody please acknowledge my ticket 20319971. I was told I would get my LLU MAC in 'up to seven days' but no-one has updated my ticket
23 REPLIES
Mand
Grafter

Still no LLU MAC code

Hi

We're currently chasing Tiscali for the latest batch of MAC codes, as they have not arrived within the usual 7 day period. As soon as the MAC's are received they will be added to the relevant accounts.
N/A

Still no LLU MAC code

Thank you for a quick response to my question at least!
bluewhale
Grafter

Still no LLU MAC code

perhaps the status of this should be posted somewhere so that all of us who have been waiting with no updates can at least feel that something is being done about this rubbishy situation
N/A

Still no LLU MAC code

Is there any update from Tiscali yet?
N/A

Still no LLU MAC code

I've requested a MAC code too as the service from there guys leaves something is shocking. did you know BT can give you a MAC code straight way. Why it takes them 7 days just does not make sence. Guess they just want you on there poor service a little longer !!!
N/A

Hello any Plusnet staffers?

Any chance of an update from Tiscali yet?
Liam
Grafter

Still no LLU MAC code

Nothing just yet. We're finding that they're arriving in bursts and Tiscali have been chased for the latest batch. As soon as they are received from Tiscali they are applied to your account.
bluewhale
Grafter

Still no LLU MAC code

i have to say that this really isn't good enough Evil
craigbrass
Grafter

Still no LLU MAC code

I said the same thing a while back (ie it isn't good enough). Aparently it is because the LLU MACs are a trial and they will be quick once it comes out of the trial.

I must say tho, OfCom should of FORCED these systems into place BEFORE LLU was permitted to go ahead.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Still no LLU MAC code

Yep I agree, or PlusNet should have waited until it was in place before moving people across Evil

Problem is, I guess while it's in trial they can always say "Sorry we can't generate them any more" and are in no rush to fix the problem anytime soon, as they seem to be not doing at the moment.

Is there any updates to the system in general? Like the longer term plans for LLU Macs - though I appreciate its in BT hands. When PlusNet started this (around April-ish) it was claimed a system would be in place within months, but an official system seems to be taking some time to materialise.
bluewhale
Grafter

Still no LLU MAC code

lets be clear about this as far as i am aware this delay is due to tiscali not prodcuing valid codes

to me there is a conflict of interests here in that they'll still bepaid whilst we are stuck with them

that is why i think we should be being paid compensation whilst this is going on and that would then force them to act

this can olny be done by plusnet who don't reallt seem to care
N/A

Still no LLU MAC code

Don't worry mate I've been waiting since the 25/08/06 for a Mac code. I did speak to customer sup and told them to cancal
my product this was on the 6/09/06 i was given a cease on your line email due for completion on 14/09/06 with a BT ref number and guess what. I'm still connected. So i have no idea what thay are doing or do i think thay know what thay are doing. Good luck mate :lol:
Liam
Grafter

Still no LLU MAC code

Just so you are all aware, we can cease lines within 7 days if you would prefer not to wait for a MAC.

The process is still in trial and as such MAC keys are not being generated very quickly at the moment. There is a combination of Tiscali and Openreach causing the delay - but Ofcom are indeed applying pressure to get the process 'streamlined' and this will happen within the next 6 months.
N/A

Still no LLU MAC code

The problem with a cease and reprovide is the period of 'no service' that results. I am someone who relies on my connection for my work - and cannot afford the downtime. In addition, there are stories of people who, having had the cease, find their line still shows as being 'in use' for LLU ADSL, preventing the new ISP from providing. I can't take the risk.

Since I never asked to be migrated to Tiscali in the first place (I paid £70 for my BT Wholesale line activation), if you cannot supply my MAC, you should put my line back how it was swiftly, cheerfully and without threats of a £47 charge!