cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no ADSL and just generic "contact us" progre

N/A

My moving house and no ADSL saga continues after twenty days. I appreciate you do review my contact us ticket each day but unfortunately the generic "contact us" response that gets added each time really means very little:

We would like to inform you that your Contact Us Ticket ID [ 8715128 ] has now been returned to the P&F - DSL Provisioning pool. A member of our Support Team will investigate your issue as soon as possible.

What is "P&F"? What has happened? Is the line still not ceased at my old address? Is anything going to happen today or do I just get another of these messages tomorrow morning? This is barely better than hearing nothing unfortunately. I have tried adding this sort of query to the ticket but get no response until you next review it - it's not clear whether adding to a ticket actually flags that comment up to you.

Can someone please clarify the situation on my ADSL? If it is still not ceased at my old address I will get through to someone at BT (pointers appreciated but otherwise I'll make my own way). I know they will only speak to you in all likelihood (if they will even do that) but trust me, I'll will get through to a human being and work out why they are making such a mess of this despite the fact I've paid lots of cash to get it done. It simply isn't good enough.

Anything more than a generic message to tell me what the hell is happening would be much appreciated.

If this were my business internet connection, I cannot imagine how 20 days downtime could possibly be managed. Suppose the fact is that despite the investment and all the fanfares, ADSL is still far from a mature or reliable product due to deficiencies in the essential services around it.

Sorry to rant but I'm bloody sick of this merry-go-round.
6 REPLIES
N/A

Each time you make an ammendment, you ticket is returned to the top of the First Level support pool (at least what I can make out it does).

Either that, or to the pool of the department that it was originaly submitted to (based on the path taken in Contact us).

This is saying it has been moved to the correct pool.

There is no real process of moving you line to another address, as such, ISPs can only offer there own appraoch to it, by submitting your data for activation continualy.

The problem lies at BT Wholesale. Even for a period of time after disconnection at your old address, there system will show your line as being active until it falls off the list. Only then can the order be processed again.
Ianwild
Grafter

The response you get on the ticket each day is the last few words - ie 18th - "Dear Richard,
This is still not yet clear to order. I have escalated this matter with BT for them to get the cease closed so that we may reorder.
I will check again tomorrow", 19th - "Dear Richard, This is still not yet clear to order. I will check again tomorrow" - 20th "Still not clear check tomorrow".

There really is little more we can do with this from our side but wait. We have already escalated your problem to the highest level we can. Some pressure on your side might certainly help if you can get in touch with the right people.

Phillip was pretty spot on in explaining how the ticket on hold system works...

Regards,

Ian
N/A

Ho hum, another day drifts by with no ADSL and guess what message pops into my mailbox this morning (with nothing extra at the bottom).....

We would like to inform you that your Contact Us Ticket ID [ 8715128 ] has now been returned to the P&F - DSL Provisioning pool. A member of our Support Team will investigate your issue as soon as possible.

Excellent! How useful. Same message as nearly every other day.

I've added to the ticket the fact that BT told me yesterday the old ADSL service was closed off on 13th. Nobody knows what's going on, nobody can find out and god knows if I will ever get my ADSL back. Ready to give up now, in fact I have. Maybe someone will have to courtesy to let me know if it ever gets sorted.

Thanks BT (whom I'm sure shouldermost of the blame). Someone at PlusNet please pass on my extreme disatisfaction to BT Retail (who don't speak to joe public).
Ianwild
Grafter

There ya go - Something changed 21-11-2003 @ 15:01 - "I have now placed an order to BT through eco 1-1WHVQ9 due for activation on the 28th of November"

Regards,

Ian
N/A

Yes, great. Maybe all my pushing and prodding did some good. Also got an email back from BT yesterday to apologise and tell me it was now ceased at the old address.

Now just hope that activation dates don't follow the same cycle! If they do I'm looking at Xmas no doubt.
Ianwild
Grafter

Let us know how you get on. As a rule, BT beat their expected date by a couple of days, so it is worth setting up your equipment in advance of your official activation date.

Regards,

Ian