cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still being throttled

michaelscott
Grafter

Still being throttled

It's my billing day today and my usage has been reset, yet my Usenet / p2p traffic is still running at 30k. Why??

Also, I've apparently already used over 7GB this month. I don't think so.
14 REPLIES
serenityvalley
Grafter

Still being throttled

To be fair - it takes them a while to sort things out. My previous months usage appeared to be rolled into the current on the first day of billing, but it was fixed by the evening.

That said, I'm still waiting for unthrottled P2P & Usenet since my billing date, which was the 12th. Sad
Community Veteran

Re: Still being throttled

Which suggests you billing may not have actually been reset. Do you have a ticket on your account indicating it was reset. In any case raise a ticket and get the figure investigated or an actual reset performed.

Also sometimes the reset occurs the following day after your billing date due to the script that does the work falling behind. SO maybe give it another day and then raise a fault.
___oDiN__
Grafter

Still being throttled

peter you must admit that this system is a joke and people having to chase up plusnet cos scripts havent run/run properly isnt on at all, and as dare i say " the vast majority" dont use/know about the forums how are they to even know about such things
N/A

Re: Still being throttled

Join the club. My billing cycle ended on 20th Dec but I have been receiving dial up speeds all week even though I was well within my peak & total usage for the period just ended.

I raised a ticket on Wednesday & still nothing has been done. CS team just fob you off everytime you call.

I'm effectively paying £39.99 for a dial up connection right now. Evil

It's my billing day today and my usage has been reset, yet my Usenet / p2p traffic is still running at 30k. Why??

michaelscott
Grafter

Still being throttled

The CS team are ignoring me today. I submitted a ticket this morning at 8. The site said they were taking about 1h58m to close tickets. I received the automated email that said there was only one ticket in the queue. 8 hours on, I've not had a response.
Community Veteran

Still being throttled

Odd. I know it's christmas day but they still have staff in.

Were they busy with calls at all do you know?
N/A

Still being throttled

The CS team are ignoring me today. I submitted a ticket this morning at 8. The site said they were taking about 1h58m to close tickets. I received the automated email that said there was only one ticket in the queue. 8 hours on, I've not had a response.

Again, join the club. Sent a ticket at 11.20am this morning. 13 hrs later & it's still unanswered. Way to go Plusnet.
csogilvie
Grafter

Still being throttled

It'd depend where you ticket ended up when you raised it, as well.
N/A

Still being throttled

Mate, I intially raised my ticket on Wed 21st Dec. & I still haven't had an answer.

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Full quote of preceding post removed as per the Link:rules
JonathanW
Grafter

Still being throttled

Hi,

It does depend on which department the ticket was raised through to. As the times shown on the contact us page are for tickets answered by the CSC. If your ticket has to go through to Networks, or another department, it will take longer than that to action, more so at the moment due to reduced staffing levels over the holiday period.
michaelscott
Grafter

Still being throttled

So where is the best place to send the ticket?
___oDiN__
Grafter

Still being throttled

try santa, hes back round next year, so should be quicker than cs
Shockedops: Shockedops: Shockedops: Shockedops: Shockedops: Shockedops: Shockedops: Shockedops: Shockedops:
JonathanW
Grafter

Still being throttled

Normally, your tickets will be raised through to the CSC, but occasionally depending on the wizard options chosen or the actions of an agent, it will be passed to a different interal department. So its not really something you, as the customer, can have a choice about.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Still being throttled

Hi michaelscott,

Are you still seeing a problem? Because we don't yet have full automation in place it isn't always an immediate reset of the profile. This is one of the reasons we need to move to full automation of this to ensure that it all happens when you are billed.

I'm wondering if because your billing date was 24th December that it's just taken a few days for the reset to happen with the Christmas period or whether the problem is still the same.