cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still being booted off the forums

Community Veteran

Don't know if its afecting anyone else but this fault where you have to keep logging back in is becoming really annoying. :x

It sees to be getting worse today and I now have to copy every post just in case when I click submit its booted me off again.
17 REPLIES
Community Veteran

if its getting very annoying why not activate the auto login and if you don't like aut login you can always turn it off when the problems resolved

https://portal.plus.net/my.html?s=0&action=autologin
N/A

Hi John,

Yip its with the developers and has been causing grief since yesterday or the day before.

There is / was a SSA about it.
JonathanW
Grafter

I was about to say that I'd not noticed it as much today, until I got logged out whilst trying to respond to this post Tongue

That being said, the problem is still with the developers, and we hope to have a fix in place soon.
Community Veteran

if its getting very annoying why not activate the auto login and if you don't like aut login you can always turn it off when the problems resolved

https://portal.plus.net/my.html?s=0&action=autologin

That wouldn't realy solve the problem here as I can be on any of 4 machines or my laptop Sad
Auto login can only be set for one machine at a time as it uses a cookie that gets changed when you set it up from a new machine. This then means I would have to set it up every time I was on a different machine Sad
Community Veteran

aw well your screwed until its fixed! good luck!
N/A

I think many of us are in a difficult situation until it is fixed.

How about beta testing these things on a non active portal ? lol
passer
Grafter

beta-testingHuh?
radical stuff... don't want to set any precedents, now.
N/A

Yeh, it's been a problem since the Portal Maintenance Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. Combined with the Opera issue and things vanishing from the Service Status feed it obviously didn't go as smoothly as they expected.
Talking of Service Status.. it.. erm...currently says the Portal issue is due for it's next update 16/02/2006 @ 13:00, doh! Wink
*Waits (im)patiently for Usenet and Portal updates*
N/A

Any progress on getting this issue resolved? As has been explained, auto-login isn't an option for some people and this login issue has persisted for days now.
N/A

I don't know if this helps at all, but after having a brief sniff around this issue, there seems to be a JavaScript TypeError (NullValue) occuring (possibly on line 210 of /assets/scripts.js) at the time of logout. This could be an effect rather than a cause, but I thought it worth mentioning Smiley
N/A

As far as I have been made aware the development team have already had a look at it.
I should give it till after the weekend at least as the development team dont work weekends I dont think.
N/A

Cheers Tom, I was just trying to provide nay info I could to get the damn problem sorted. Hopefully they'll have it fixed at the beginning of next week..
Community Veteran

Logouts still occuring!
Community Veteran

Just done it to me when viewing this thread.

Chilly