cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still awaiting my Broadband

N/A

I apologise if this is in the incorrect forum.

I have been waiting for my broadband now for a month and have heard nothing from anyone.

I login to my account and for two weeks it has been on the same stage.

Can someone help me? How long more will I have to wait? Is there something I should be doing?

Many thanks.
19 REPLIES
N/A

Hi and welcome to the forums.

There may have been a "glitch". If you select help at the top of each page and then select Contact Us from the left hand side this will bring you to Plus Nets support section. From here you will be able to view the ticket system which should detail all developments with your account. See what information that gives and if necessary, raise a ticket or ring support on 0845 1400200
N/A

Many thanks.

So you would say this isn't normal?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

I've updated your ticket for you, it looks like after running some line checks the order was rejected at 2Mbps in the last day or so, I've resubmitted it at 1Mbps for you.
N/A

Cheers Dave. Cool
Community Veteran

Waiting a month for BB is most definatley not normal. If I remember correctly it should take 7-10 days from the time the order is submitted to BT and quite often happens earlier than this.
N/A

As i said, a bit of a glitch. Wink
LiamM
Grafter

I've updated your ticket for you, it looks like after running some line checks the order was rejected at 2Mbps in the last day or so, I've resubmitted it at 1Mbps for you.

The last day or so eh? How comes it took a month to get this information, and why wasn't the EU informed of the delay?

Line Checks don't take a month.
N/A

Yeah cool no worries. Just glad I have got it sorted.

So how long now will I be waiting for this to be set up do you think?
Community Veteran

Are the systems for dealing with activations at PN's end mainly automated?
If so could it be that PN didn't realise there was a problem until the post was made and it was after that Dave did the line checks. If so proceedures need to be put in place so that after the ten days from the order being placed PN check on a daily basis the status of the order rather than waiting for BT. In other words PN need to be proactive not reactive.
csogilvie
Grafter

Nope, and the original poster hasn't been signed up a month either - in fact, 20 days according to the date on his forum profile - which is probably entirely possible depending on DD setups etc.
csogilvie
Grafter

Probably 7-10 days, unfortunately.
N/A

Nope, and the original poster hasn't been signed up a month either - in fact, 20 days according to the date on his forum profile - which is probably entirely possible depending on DD setups etc.

Ok...my bad...Rough estimate though. I wasn't having a go. I just wanted to know for sure when I will be receiving my product. The status was stuck for ages on the same point and I was concerned that there was a glitch and thus thought I would flag it. In the future I shall take more care when estimating how long I am awaiting for my product to be delivered. Smiley
N/A

Probably 7-10 days, unfortunately.

Ok no worries. So thats working days right? Shockedops:
csogilvie
Grafter

I think 7-10 is meant to include non-working days too... if your line can cope with 1MB, I would think you would have it by the end of next week, probably nearer the begining of the week.