cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still Struggling to set up Windows mail

N/A

I've deleted my attempt to set up a Windows Mail account and will start again. I've followed the plusnet guidance but remain unsure how to proceed. I'm fine with most steps but (1) what do I enter in 'Internet Email Address'? My default email address is christopher@chrismn.plus.com and my alias is 23d@chrismn.plus.com. It is the alias that I want to use in Windows Mail.

(2) what do I enter in 'Internet Mail Logon' as I'm now not sure what my email username is?

thanks in hopeful anticipation. All this stuff alien to me as I simply have not used computers before.
7 REPLIES
pennbank
Grafter

chrismn
enter the address you wish to use, your alais
23d@chrismn.plus.com
in Internet Mail login in your username will be
chrismn+23d
then enter your password.

Dont forget also On the Plusnet home page Under My account,click email settings, manage my mail, add new mail box
you should also create a postmaster account.
so you have the email address of postmaster@chrismn.plus.com
internet mail login will be chrismn+postmaster
then enter you password

Hope this helps
N/A

thanks for your reply, follow it with regard to setting up in Windows Mail but don't get bit about going to My Account in Plusnet pages. When I then go to Manage my Mail, the only email address showing is christopher@chrismn.plus.com which is my default and from which I have an alias. My Welcome (to Plusnet) details show an email address 'postmaster@chrismn.plus.com' so I guess I don't need to set this up again?

What's difference between my default email address and the postmaster one? How do i access the postmaster one? thanks again
N/A

Just tried setting up Windows Mail account and sent test email to self but keep getting error message saying 'not responded within 60seconds, like to try again' so guess I've made mistake again. Think I will get someone to call and help me and use my hotmail address in mean time. Thanks anyway
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

thanks for your reply, follow it with regard to setting up in Windows Mail but don't get bit about going to My Account in Plusnet pages. When I then go to Manage my Mail, the only email address showing is christopher@chrismn.plus.com which is my default and from which I have an alias. My Welcome (to Plusnet) details show an email address 'postmaster@chrismn.plus.com' so I guess I don't need to set this up again?

Hi there,

Have you followed the guide here?

Your email username will be 'chrismn'. Are you sure you've entered the incoming server address corectly? (mail.plus.net)

Kind Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

pennbank
Grafter

N/A

thanks for advice, followed bobpullen advice and my Windows Mail works fine, thanks again all, esp bobpullen.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Glad to hear it's back up and running Cheesy

Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵