cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still No Peak/Off-Peak Usage Data Available

N/A

Why is there still no peak and off-peak data available for my BB+ account.

I was told in a previous ticket that it is coming soon. Perosnally you should stop worrying about changing your top nav-bar and get to work.

I was also told that I didn't really need to know this data as it is irrelevant.

Wrong. I want to ensure that I don't go over 5Gb at peak time because if I then want to download something Im not going to sit her angered because its at a limited speed and Ive gone past 5Gb.

I am happy to embrace this new model and download things as much as possible late at night but I refuse to accept that it is ok to introduce this without having the correct means to monitor your useage.

It's like having massive bags at a pick'n'mix stall and saying upto 1Kg £2, then charging a higher rate thereafter - but not providing measuring scales.

OK so it's not costing here but they are both examples where you are being penelised for taking too much.
20 REPLIES
N/A

peak 8am to midnight

peak appears to be from 8am to midnight.

you must now become noctoural.
N/A

yes Plusnet, it's February and we are meant to have the return to 4pm to midnight for all usage!!!!!!!!

and we are also meant to have the means by which to view our clean allowance.

what's happening?
N/A

The automation was due to be rolled out during February, however from posts made by Jon yesterday, it seems this may be slightly delayed as is normal with the development of such things.

If I find the relevant thread I'll post the link.
10crawford
Grafter

I seem to remember a post from Plusnet stating that by February meant by the end of February!

I think the problem here is that the majority of users of the English Language would think that by February means by the 1st of February. I suspect that this was the original intention but there was a problem meeting that deadline.
N/A

well it was originally january a while ago.

More delays and broken promises it seems.
JonathanW
Grafter

With regards to the reduction of peak hours, this was originally stated as by February, and January has not been mentioned by myself or any of the other Comms Team members. Yes, this has slipped a little bit, but we are now expecting to have this in place during March.

Additionally, this only applies to Premier accounts. As for Plus peak time is going to remain as 8am - midnight, and VMBU is being updated to reflect this for Plus customers.
N/A

this is once again bad communication. So, it is now March and only in response to a request as to when it is going to happen. So no doubt we'll get in June some time. Announcement should have been made jan 31 when it must have been obvious you were not going to meet the Feb deadline.

And when are we going to be able to see the clean allowance used?
10crawford
Grafter

Jon wrote:
With regards to the reduction of peak hours, this was originally stated as by February

Surely Jon you will agree that most people read by February as by 1 February and not by 28 February. Even if you don't agree perhaps you would accept that this is an example of poor communication.

Be precise with information and update us if deadlines slip please guys.
10crawford
Grafter

In addition to my previous post I have extracted the following from PlusNet's Vision for 2006 - update

We plan to be updating the VMBU tool in January to reflect the changes introduced during December. Ideally we would liked to have updated VMBU before making these changes, but it is important to put improvements in place for the majority of customers quickly.

I think I see January mentioned there! Perhaps it means January 2007!
JonathanW
Grafter

As you'll see form the quote you've extracted from the vision, that mentioned updating the VMBU to reflect the changes that we made to Premier in December. That doesn't mention anything about changing the peak hours.

With regards to how people read 'by february', that is a different matter and is something that is open to lots of interpretation. Personally, I've read that as being 'by the end of february', and have said as much elsewhere on these forums. Though I agree that in future more clarity should be sought.
N/A

No meter until march now then, great. Although what the chances of reaching march and you saying its delayed until april or may. If thiers no meter then how do PN monitor it, or is it guess work?

To be honest i thnk it might have been a good idea not to implement this new managemnt until all the required tools are available. PN really didnt think this through until they had implemented.
Community Veteran

Eh? I thought this had dissappeared. I'm sure Ive seen peak and off peak on view my usage.

I have since downgraded to BB+, so dont think it applies any more, but I could have sworn I'd seen this in action on Premier before leaving.

Was it pulled?
JonathanW
Grafter

No meter until march now then, great. Although what the chances of reaching march and you saying its delayed until april or may. If thiers no meter then how do PN monitor it, or is it guess work?

To be honest i thnk it might have been a good idea not to implement this new managemnt until all the required tools are available. PN really didnt think this through until they had implemented.

The VMBU change for Plus is going to be happening soon, and should be within the next couple of weeks, depending on final testing and then a rollout window being available.

As for how we monitor it, the data is pulled from our RADIUS servers and used to measure usage that way. VMBU takes a while to adjust as it needs to take the data and display it in a more customer friendly fashion.
aeroalfie
Grafter

So it seems the 16 hour peak time is permanently here to stay on BB+.
Since PN admit they need to communicate more with customers / potential customers why not state the BB+ account has a 16 hour peak time on your front page? I had a quick dig around in the BB+ product page and still couldn’t see a clear note that the BB+ account has a 16 hour peak time (do you even say). Also i couldn't see any mention of the 5GB 16 hour peak time allowance? these are some of the thing potential customers want to know and a honest company would tell them outright, not hide way back in some obscure page, if the information is there at all!?!

I just been over to newnets ISP website and they clearly state what their product is with one click, pN could learn a lesson from them, while you are there PN take alook at what products they offer then take a look at your own!

As some one said in a previous thread (cant remember who?) you are fast becoming the new AOL of the ISP world and I’m some what inclined to agree with that statement!

End.