cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static IP Address

N/A

Static IP Address

Hello,

My Static IP address is shown in red in my connection settings. Does this mean it is enabled or not? If not how do I enable it?

Once my static IP is enabled, how can I use it to transfer files from/to my work computer to my home computer (my home computer has the static IP)? Can I just type the IP address in Internet Explorer?

Any help would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Static IP Address

> Hello,
>
> My Static IP address is shown in red in my connection settings. Does this mean it is enabled or not? If not how do I enable it?
>
> Once my static IP is enabled, how can I use it to transfer files from/to my work computer to my home computer (my home computer has the static IP)? Can I just type the IP address in Internet Explorer?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
>

Hi,

This will mean your Static IP address is already enabled. You will be assigned it everytime you log in. There are a number of ways you could transfer files, one fairly easy method is to setup and FTP server on your home PC. You could then connect to it from work using your static address. There are a number of FTP server packages, I'd recommend searching Google to find one you're happy with.

Kind Regards,
Rob
--
| Robert Kelly.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support...................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

I've just noticed that my IP shows as red,but when I click on it I'm told that I am using a dynamic IP and that static IP hasn't been activated.
Is this correct?
Is it static or dynamic?

I'm not sure that I want a static IP...
N/A

> I've just noticed that my IP shows as red,but when I click on it I'm told that I am using a dynamic IP and that static IP hasn't been activated.
> Is this correct?
> Is it static or dynamic?
>
> I'm not sure that I want a static IP...
>

Hi,

I've just checked your account and you definitely have a dynamic IP address. If this is displayed incorrectly on the portal please raise a ticket and we'll have it investigated.

Kind Regards,
Rob
--
| Robert Kelly.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support...................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----