cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stable rate won't increase - ticket 20112304

N/A

Any chance somebody could look at ticket 20112304??

After a lightening storm last Thursday - everything was unplugged I might add - I had a couple of hours with a crackily line and then 2 or 3 days with my router connecting at really slow speeds and nice BT turned on interleaving and dropped the stable rate to 500.

I raised a fault and got interleaving turned off and everything seemed normal again and has been since Monday - unforunatley the stable rate is still 500. I've done the usual reconnecting every day but it hasn't budged Cry

Can anybody at Plus.Net give it a kick, please??

Si
5 REPLIES
Mand
Grafter

Hi

I've responded to the ticket, however we need a little more information before we are able to raise a fault.

It is also worth asking BT to check the noise on the line for you, as this is asked when we raise a fault.
Community Veteran

PN are in denial there is a problem, I have a ticket open for +4 weeks on this subject.

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Community Veteran

I think BT are in denial, rather than PlusNet.

I've tried to get BT to investigate my intermittently crackly line, which is always much worse in wet'n'windy weather and ± perfect in hot'n'sunny weather. They just close the tickets saying the problem has been fixed to my satisfaction even though it hasn't been. Things improved slightly for a while after they looked at the wires from the poles but that could have been a coincidence and the last ticket was closed so fast that I don't think they could have been bothered to do anything about it.

I've now got a ticket open with PlusNet for it to be pursued as a BB fault as the crackles seem to be causing speed plummets and disconnections, even when I plug the router into the back of the master socket and with different splitters (I didn't tell BT that though).

Goodness knows how long it will take to sort out. One BT person I spoke to said they were very busy investigating faults, and I would think MaxDSL is showing up all the damaged lines, leaks etc, etc, they could get away with on slower connections.
Plusnet user since November 2003
Currently on Unlimited Fibre Extra and Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls
N/A

Hi

I've responded to the ticket, however we need a little more information before we are able to raise a fault.

It is also worth asking BT to check the noise on the line for you, as this is asked when we raise a fault.

Hi Mand,

Thanks for the quick response, I've made another note on the ticket.

After that inital couple of hours after the storm, the line seems fine again and isn't crackling as far as I've noticed.

Si
N/A

Dunno if someone gave it a kick or not, but finally my stable rate has gone back to its usual 2500.

Si