Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split From - The customer view – Let’s have some clarity

Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 69

Hi there,

What specific aspects of the aforementioned posts would you like clarifying in the exisitng FAQ's?

http://www.plus.net/support/faq/broadband_fair_usage_faq.shtml
http://www.plus.net/features/usage_guide.shtml

If there are any points that people feel need clarification, we will be happy to consider including them to avoid confusion.

Regards,

[Moderators note acarr (Phil): Converted link to prevent it breaking the forum layout]

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

14 REPLIES
N/A

The clarification given on the discussion of whether users will have to undergo level 3 restrictions before being offered assisted migration stands out.

“If, however, a customer bound into a contract has any objections after implementation of the FUP, then we would be happy to waive the cost of cancelling.”

That actually goes way beyond what we were expecting, and is a very, very reasonable position.

Can I just say this: In all the discussion, and in all the heat, Bob Pullen’s messages have consistently stood out as being thoroughly reasonably, well considered and decent.
N/A

Hi there,

What specific aspects of the aforementioned posts would you like clarifying in the exisitng FAQ'?

ERR now let me think

How about the bad use of "Unlimited" by the sales department

and what about the fact the sales dept didnt even no to warn potential customers about FUP as short time ago as Dec 2004 ( as confirmed by @dtomlinson
PlusNet Comms Team)

"At that time the support team wouldn't have been aware of the fair usage policy. It probably wasn't even called fair usage then, and is something that was still on the drawing board at best. And as far as I know nothing had even been scoped out for the project at that time. "

Cummon were only talking 8 weeks ago what company makes desicions like that on the spur of the moment ?

need I go on ?
N/A

Can I just say this: In all the discussion, and in all the heat, Bob Pullen’s messages have consistently stood out as being thoroughly reasonably, well considered and decent.

He's very good and he's not the only PlusNet staffer who makes good, concise posts. A couple of the moderators are good too (the ones who sound uncomfortable when told to toe the party line).

Simon
N/A

Community Veteran

They aren't adverts, they are the opinions of the various news agencies.

I don't like this line "Alternatively, Plusnet offers unlimited use deals at £21.99 for 512K, £29.99 for 1Mbit and £39.99 for 2Mbit." and maybe PlusNet should have contacted them and asked them to change it, although there is no way in knowing whether or not they have seen it.

I don't have a problem with the press releases, they are within the confides of the product and don't mention the dreaded word of unlimited, yes they dont mention fair use, but it wasn't in at the time and they are quite old.

Chris
N/A

One press release promises 'uncapped' -- or didn't you read all he way through?

And by the way, most magazine editors/sub-editors are too lazy or too understaffed to put their own spin on product announcements.

Simon
N/A

Those seeking unmetered broadband options (with no specified monthly data transfer) will find Broadband Home Premier offers great value for money, with prices starting at £21.99 inc VAT per month.

unmetered / no specified ?

or pay extra to use it as an uncapped service,

uncapped ?
N/A

There is probably more debating to be done, but please leave this thread clear, so newbies (and those of us that can keep up) can a least judge how it affects them.

[Edit] text deleted as mods have split off the main topic - so continue if you wish
Community Veteran

Sorry Darkmatter, point taken. Do you want me to split them off?
N/A

I thnk this is a good post and should be kept "issue free" to be honest.

regards,

Rich
N/A

Hello Richard, I’ve had to edit, and add to the OP so the information doesn’t get lost (which is very bad practice). Can you provide a definitive answer to the £24.99 EasyStart question.
N/A

Hi there,

The situation at the minute is that you will pay a £14.99 fee to move from easystart to the £21.99 service.

It would be free to move to the £29.99 service.

Regards,

Rich

(does this mean i'll get quoted up there ^^ I feel left out) Wink
Community Veteran

Easystart customers continue to pay £24.99 after the MaxDSL upgrade until they decide to change packages and pay any admin fee's necessary. Their fair usage limits are the same as the £21.99 products 30GB peak, 200GB off-peak (for 2Mb line).

From this ADSL thread:

Firstly, lets just define what Easystart 'is'... It's a £24.99 package, designed to compare with the BT and Wandoo offerings of the time, whereby Activation and a Free modem were included. It was envisaged that over a period of time, these costs would be recouped via the slighly higher subscription charge. Looking at the costs incurred here, say £50 Activation and £30 for the modem, it takes about 32 Months for that cost to be recouped. Thats based on the additional price difference of £2.55 that exists between the cost of Easystart and Premier.

Now then, even though the payback period is 32 months, after 12 months you are no longer subject to the intiial 12 month cancellation fee applied to Easystart. So, after 12 months you can move to another package or even another ISP without incurring a cancellation fee. However, if you do downgrade to a lower cost product (Such as Premier), the standard £14.99 downgrade charge applies equally.

As it stands, Easystart customers will recieve the same fair level usage as Premier customers and will also of course be upgraded for free as part of the MaxDSL implementation.

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support
Community Veteran

This topic has now been split after discussion with darkmatter, anything he feels is relevent to his main post will be added in by him.

Chris