cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speeds worse than ever. Ran the checker & it told me...

benskia
Grafter

Open : Broadband Fault Checker - Connection checks [ Completed ]
Dear xxxx,

The results of our tests show no fault with your broadband connection. Completed speed tests show that your connection speed is: none found

According to BT, this speed is within the limits of acceptable performance for broadband service.

Kind Regards,

Customer Support

How can a connection speed of "none found" be within BT's acceptable limits?
Something smells a bit fishy there eh? Bit of a give away that they probably say that on every single response, regardless of the result.

When 1 of the mods sees this. Please could you look into my account & see if I'm on a monthly or yearly contract. Thanks.

And...how long does it take if I want to switch to elsewhere? Is it a right royal pain in the xxx to do. Or straight forward? Not that I've made my mind up yet. Just enquiring incase things carry on the way they have just recently.
3 REPLIES
N/A

There obviously was a number for that but the generation script didnt work properly. thus none found.

If it is a case that its contention. Switching provider will not help. unless u switch to cable or LLU.

If u still want to migrate ask for your MAC>

Mods dont have access to your account details. Only staff do. Mods are just plain old plusnet customers to the most part. Data Protection Act Applies Wink

BT's acceptable speed for 2mbit. is 400Kbit. Any more than this and they dont give a toss
benskia
Grafter

Hey.
Thanks for your response.
The contention light comes up as green in the test.
...and I kind of live in hicksville, so dont imagine it being over burdened.

I have a feeling the speeds variations are down to something dubious that is being done to my account. All this management crud.
csogilvie
Grafter

Have you tried running a BT SpeedTest