cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed

N/A

Speed

Using BT wholesale ADSL checker I got the following resut:

Your exchange is ADSL enabled, and our initial test on your line indicates that your line should be able to have an ADSL broadband service that provides a line rate up to 2Mbps.

Our test also indicates that your line should be able to support a potential ADSL Max broadband line rate of 6Mbps up to 8Mbps.

The actual ADSL Max line rate supportable will be determined during the first 10 days of use, after which time the highest stable rate possible will be set

Does that mean when Plusnet upgrade me I will automtically be using the ADSL max?
Also, say I left PN and went to another company such as Wanadoo max; would I be put on the ADSL max fro mthem straight away?
21 REPLIES
N/A

Speed

BUMP?
N/A

Speed

Yes, when Plusnet upgrade your line you would be on MaxDSL, if you also went and moved to an alternate provider you would be put on MaxDSL from the off.

Just be warned about the ones you linked too above as the limits are soo low you might aswell not bother connecting to the net.

Regards,
N/A

Speed

What do you mean? Wanadoo max is unlimited.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Speed

What do you mean? Wanadoo max is unlimited.

Suggest you read this article about unlimited broadband:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/05/08/unlimited_broadband_ads_dishonest/
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

Speed

Doesn't bother me. Peak time is a lot longer on plusnet than on most and the limit is very low for me.
Discostoo
Grafter

Speed

:lol:
Discostoo
Grafter

Speed

wanadoo unlimited :lol:

If there was ever an overused word in today's world "unlimited" is it.
N/A

Speed

wanadoo unlimited :lol:

If there was ever an overused word in today's world "unlimited" is it.

Do you have any comments on this package then? I ask as Plusnet's 15gb per month is nowhere near enough for me. I have very little knowledge of these deals.
JJ
Grafter

Speed

@Knell66

‘Unlimited’ has a little star next to it. The bottom of the page says ‘subject to…..’.

their terms and conditions (clause 2.6) says 30GB max per month or they cut you off.

So I guess its ‘unlimited’ up to 30GB

They, like other ISP's, have a different understanding of the word unlimited.

JohnH
N/A

Speed

why does it claim it is unlimited then and how on earth do they get away with it?
Are there any true unlimited deals?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Speed

Are there any true unlimited deals?

Yes there are - but they are a little more expensive. This one is good for over 600GB per month guaranteed.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
JJ
Grafter

Speed

Like Elvin says unlimited is available but at a price.

PN is not that bad provided you download ‘off peak’

Your 15GB is only a peak time limit.

JohnH
N/A

Speed

I know that. The problem is peak time is pretty much the only time I can get to use my PC as I work from 8am - 5pm.

[Moderator's note by Tom (tomspcs) : Removed, full quote of preceeding post. It is not required or permitted as per link:rules ]
JJ
Grafter

Speed

I have the same problem! I just get up earlier and set thing going before I goto work. Everything has down loaded by the time I get home. Tonight I am going to try an overnight run just to see if the noise of the PC keeps me awake !!!!