cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed so slow with Plusnet 2Mb service...

N/A

Why is surfing the browser relatively slow with Plusnet? I have paid for a 2Mb internet connection (Broadband Plus package). My connection speed was faster with my previous provider, Firenet, even though theirs was a 1Mb service.

I report the speed test done of the BT site below:

"The speed test has completed on test server speedtester1.nat.bt.com for user 020743644xx and you have downloaded a 1.7Mb file at a speed of

471 kilo bits per second (Kbps), your service bandwidth will have been quoted to you in kilo bits per second.

Your IP address is 84.93.4.278, your browser is reported as being Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 and is running on Windows XP."

One other issue I have is that Plusnet keeps logging me off when I leave the PC. What can I do about that?

2 REPLIES
N/A

Logging you off when you leave the PC?

Do you have a modem or a router? What connection speed does it report? It could be that you've been provisioned at 512Kb...
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi Nadeem,

That speed looks about right for your service. Regarding the disconnections I would recommend checking your modem/router or browsing settings to see if you have an idle time limit set which could be causing the disconnections.