cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed regrade/increase?

N/A

Speed regrade/increase?

Okay, I've tired looking at the forums, but can't find any solid info. I recently migrated from Wanadoo to Plus.net. When I migrated, I migrated from Wanadoo with a 512k serivce, so I know I'm only on 512k with Plus.net. According to BT, I can have upto 2mb broadband and I believe my exchange was upgraded in June/July 2005. So my question is two fold. 1) if I wish to force an regrade/increase to 2mb, I understand that I have to pay a £14.99 upgrade fee. If I want to do this, how do I go about it. Do I need to ring Plus.net, or is there somewhere online I can do it. 2) Is there any point in my paying the £14.99 fee? I understand from one of the posts here that a lot of customers were upgraded as part of a regrade programme back in March? and it suggested that the others who joined after this point will be regraded in Oct/Nov? If thats the case, then it might I chould get regraded in a few weeks? Of course, thats assuming the next regrade programme is still on schedule?
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Speed regrade/increase?

1) you can either ring support or raise a contact us ticket (click on the help button sat the top) then on the contact us link then new query button. Then follow the account changes path.

2) Recent migrants should be speed upgraded for free but only after PN submit the last set of upgrade requests to BT. I did read somewhere that the submission cut-off for this was 1st Sept so you may be out of luck. You should raise a ticket and ask if you will get the free speed upgrade.

Or just pay £14.99 and get the upgrade in 5 days.
N/A

Speed regrade/increase?

2) Recent migrants should be speed upgraded for free but only after PN submit the last set of upgrade requests to BT. I did read somewhere that the submission cut-off for this was 1st Sept so you may be out of luck. You should raise a ticket and ask if you will get the free speed upgrade.

Well I migrated over on August 22nd, so does that mean I should have made the Sept 1st deadline? or would I have to have put in a request for a free upgrade before this date> If its automatic and I've been included, when would the increase take effect or is there a way to checking if its already taken effect?
Community Veteran

Speed regrade/increase?

The only dates I have seen is for all speed upgrades to be completed by Oct/Nov but going by previous BT timescales it could be longer.

I don't know if you will be included hence why I said raise a ticket to ask.