cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed reductions after going over allowance

N/A

Where are the pages showing how much you are slowed down if you go over your peak time allowance? I'm fed up with looking for them.

I have gone over my 4gb allowance on BB+ this month, which I still dispute as I haven't gone anywhere near 4gb for months and my peak time usage habits haven't changed..in fact I've probably used less during this month as I've been gaming far less. There's a load of streaming usage(around 1.5 gigs by the look of it) for peak time that simply cant be true as I never do anything that involves streaming during peak.

Anyhow, as a result I'm reduced to this speed

which seems very harsh indeed.

What software would Plusnet recommend for monitoring my usage? I'm determined to show you that I haven't used anything like what you say i have. I don't want this situation arising again next month.
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

On your VMBU page click on peak time allowances link. Then further down that page click on your product. However there are no published speed figures so they don;t help anyway.

The details are also on the Usergroup website here.

As for your usage, this is very difficult to monitor especially if you have multiple PCs / game machines. Somethng like netmeter or DUmeter may help.

Do you have wireless connection and is it secure?

Also the split of usage is a guide and is not always correct as some traffic can be incorrectly classified.
bikepump
Grafter

looks to be about the speed i got when i went over 4gig before i switched to premier option 1
Fixes: 115

The details are also on the Usergroup website here.

Those PUG details differ somewhat from PN's description of restrictions on their Broadband Plus page.

If your usage goes over 4GB per month, your service will be heavily restricted until the start of your next billing month when your usage is reset.

There's no mention of a progressive slowing of speeds.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

you won't find a specific answer to your question because there isn't one.
dave tomlinson stated that very clearly in one of the long threads during the BB+ debacle in February.

It is very frustrating but that's all there is to it

paul
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

As Paul says we don't publish the exact details of this for a number of reasons. If you think the usage is wrong then the best thing to do is raise a ticket and we can check it for you. Could though the streaming be something like a web cam (e.g. the ones on the portal)?