cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed problems!

N/A

Speed problems!

I am having speed problems i logged a ticket no 18334687 and it has now been closed twice this is their 1st respone that i already knew as "I" did the BT speed checker!

Dear Malcolm Ogden,
The results of our tests show no fault with your broadband connection. Completed speed tests show that your connection speed is: 1908
According to BT, this speed is within the limits of acceptable performance for broadband service.
Kind Regards,
Customer Support

Now i know that i get that speed connecting directly to BT so it must be plusnet.. I am getting extremely slow speeds just surfing the net.. It wa ok this morning again until i downloaded 30mb driver now it has gone to pot AGAIN! i even upgraded to broadband premier! I actioned the ticket saying i was still getting the problem and now i got a response back saying this

Closed : Dear Mr Ogden,
Are you seeing slowdown on all services or only on particular applications, such as peer to peer or usenet?

Well no it isn't and my ticket was closed!! I never said you could close it so why when the problem was not resolved? Are you shaping traffic on my account? I have less than a gig of downloads this month! Now this is not the service i signed up for! If you cannot sort then i must leave. The speeds i am getting from your speed checker is 129.9kbps where it should be 2000!! now is this the service i have paid for? Please sort! Anyone else experiencing this?
48 REPLIES
N/A

Speed problems!

yep it's happening me too.

When connected through PN my broadband speed is 120Kbps
But if i connect to the BT speed test domain i get 1700Kbps so theres nothing wrong with my line, somethings going on at PN's side.
N/A

Speed problems!

According to your message http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=37267 you said you got a different BT speed check? I got 1908 which is fine from BT's end but i am only 10k a sec downloads (http) and my web browsing is painfull. I have now tried re-installing and different router no firewall the lot.. However my configuration had not changed since it was working so something has happened to my account! Help help help Ticket no 18337340
N/A

Speed problems!

Same problem here........130Kbps max from 8.00am untill midnight, ticket raised and the reply was to look at a link explaining the usage policy.....
Im happy to change my usage habits and do any downloading i have to do off peak, but throttling my speeds (for 16 hours a day)to a point where i cant even watch a music video or the news without it buffering every 10 secs is just not acceptable on a 2 meg line.....under any circumstances. It is no different to using dial up for surfing the net and therefore not as Plusnet quote for BB+, " Ideal for surfing and email" as i consider watching streaming media as part of surfing the internet.
Is there anyone that is seriously going to tell me that 130Kbps is acceptable from 8am until midnightHuh?
N/A

Speed problems!

I am not on BB+ though i upgraded to premier and have less than 1gb downloads under my new contract.. I am however as you say (as i have tested) stuck at 10kb a sec rather than 200kb a sec, however i tested at 11:50 and i was still at 10kb then tested at 12:10 and speed shot up to 200kb! This is definetly plusnet and is not the service i am paying for!
N/A

Speed problems!

I am finding that after about 10pm gmt, my connection just dies, I even have trouble using IE.
N/A

Speed problems!

i seem to have a 256Kbps hard limit on everything (HTTP included) 24/7 Sad
N/A

Speed problems!

Yes plusnet seemd to be putting restrictions on ppl without their knowledge..
N/A

Speed problems!

I'm getting speed < 100mbps now..... how can I create a ticket?

Plusnet please reply.
Community Veteran

Speed problems!

help & support at the top then click on contact us on the left.
N/A

Speed problems!

I'm having very poor speeds myself. Currently I am downloading at 9.1k/s on 2mb premier. It has been like this for a week. As a plusnet customer of 3 years I think it might be time to leave.

I have raised a ticket but plusnet have been completely useless.
N/A

Speed problems!

No wonder none of us have any bandwidth left!
N/A

Speed problems!

No wonder none of us have any bandwidth left!

Although I am sure you are already aware Oliver, I am sure this was a typo and was meant to read kbps instead of the mbps.

Regards,
N/A

Speed problems!

Hi boys and girls

i'm getting 140Kbps on 2meg bb+.

I raised a ticket and this is what i got:-

Actioned : Dear Mr Finlay,
Broadband Plus is not designed for heavy downloading and we've noticed that you are using a large amount of download unsuitable for the product you are on. We are managing your account so that your high usage levels don't affect other customers and part of this involves assigning a static IP address. You can choose to upgrade to Broadband Premier or Broadband PAYG if you wish.

There is no cap currently imposed on Broadband Plus but on accounts that we feel are using features that are not designed for use on Broadband Plus then we can and will take the relevant action to provide control across the network to all of our customers

As I have explained on the telephone to yourself this has been done in accordance with our terms and conditions and the Broadband Acceptable Use Policy, to assist you in reading this I have provided the body of text you need to refer to below.

I've only downloaded 7.53GB's in 2weeks!!!!!!!! How is that heavy usage??

I've only been with PN for 2months but i'm thinking its time to leave.
N/A

Speed problems!

Paul,

Yes thats this month. However what was your usage last month and the month before?

Plusnet arent working on a NOW basis they are working on a month or two ago basis. So if you have been using the account heavily for a couple of months and then slowed down, this would suggest why you got the response you did.

It could also be that the CS rep that replied didnt look at your account and simply gave you a generic answer to the question you asked. By this I mean that yes users with a static IP on BB+ are being managed for HIGH bw usage but not all may have been placed on it correctly.

Anyway, let us know the figures for the past couple of months and we will see how wrong things could be.

Regards,