cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed issues tonight?

FooAtari
Grafter

Speed issues tonight?

My connection speed has suddenyl dropped to around 500kbps from ususal of about 1900kbps this evening. Are there any issues tonight?

cheers
34 REPLIES
N/A

issues

on top of my normal 50k download from what i should be getting my latency is also 180/250 ping tonight and not spiking it, its solid.

plusnet wont raise a query with BT even tho my speeds with 1meg doesnt go higher than 60k no matter what time of the day it is.
my first month with plusnet was fine, and iv had this for about another month and yet they still wont do anything?

did a speed test at 4am last night had 56k download try'd good ftp's 2 get true speed and still the same.

yet, they wont raise a query with BT.......
N/A

Speed issues tonight?

i think its all broken tonight guys.

There aint much on tv either, ah well i guess i have to get to know the family again.
FooAtari
Grafter

Speed issues tonight?

Oh well. Will see what it's like tomorrow
N/A

Speed issues tonight?

I have the same problem as slay0r, high pings on all servers, 200 or so and drop in speeds! for the past 2 or 3 days.
N/A

Speed issues tonight?

I have been having speed issues every evening for about a week now. Always seems to be in the evening so it leads me to believe that Plus.net sucks when its at peak times !!!

I can browse fine for about 5 minutes, then suddenly pages start to take about a minute to load. My streaming music buffers every 5 seconds and download speeds drop to about 30k.

I wouldnt mind if i was abusing the system and caining it at 300gb a month but I hardly use it at all anyway !!

Why oh why is it SO BAD !!

I am definitely looking for an alternative !!!
N/A

Speed issues tonight?

We can certainly look at raising a speed fault for you if you want to run the BT speed tester for us and log a ticket on your account however one thing that is suggested by the pattern is contention on your exchange as this often shows at peak times.

However we will of course look into this for you if you can provide us with the speed test details which are available via the fault wizard.
N/A

Speed issues tonight?

I ran the Broadband Fault Checker and then i got a ticket raised saying i had to continue with the fault checker to continue but when i clicked the link it just took me back to to start of the fault checker.

I then raised a proper ticket - but after that the speeds were working again for about a week so I left it. Only in the last few days has it got bad again !!

i have printed off the BT check guide thing now so will try it now. But what I find confusing is that it is perfectly fine speed from the morning up until the evening. Sure I know contention rates matter but its not that its fairly slow it just stops working or seems to stop working every so often !
___oDiN__
Grafter

Speed issues tonight?

my connex shat itself at 6.20 had to cycle the router twice before i got reconnected, no loss of sync or connection just no connectivity

C:\Documents and Settings\Admin>tracert www.plus.net

Tracing route to portal.plus.net [212.159.8.137]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.2.1
2 217.47.22.130 reports: Destination net unreachable.

Trace complete.

C:\Documents and Settings\Admin>tracert www.plus.net

Tracing route to portal.plus.net [212.159.8.137]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.2.1
2 51 ms 33 ms 42 ms 195.166.128.123
3 27 ms 24 ms 25 ms 84.92.3.18
4 25 ms 25 ms 25 ms 212.159.4.9
5 32 ms 31 ms 32 ms atm1-0.ptb-gw1.plus.net [212.159.1.89]
6 31 ms 32 ms 30 ms vlan18.pri.ptb-gw4.plus.net [195.166.129.130]
7 30 ms 30 ms 30 ms if2.ptb-al1.plus.net [195.166.129.39]
8 30 ms 31 ms 32 ms portal.plus.net [212.159.8.137]

Trace complete.
N/A

Speed issues tonight?

Me too, got BT Wholesale page. Not sure if its working properly yet.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Speed issues tonight?

And me. Got lots of disconnection from web pages.
Seems to have sorted itself but I am still getting intermittent delays showing up on Tracert
N/A

Speed issues tonight?

and me.. BT Service age Sad
___oDiN__
Grafter

Speed issues tonight?

connection crapped itself again this morning at 7.25, lost connectivity again, had to cycle router once again. plusnet are getting a pain now ive had more problems with them in last few months than in the 2 yrs ive been with them
N/A

Speed issues tonight?

Well I started doing the BT test today. I thought I would do one in the morning so did one at 8:30am - came out at around 1.9 which is pretty much as fast as the 2mb will get on my line. Thing is you cant keep taking the test - have to wait very half an hour. So now I am at work and cant test the line. Im also not going to be home tonight after 7pm so I cant test it when I really have the speed problems.

Have to wait another day before I can do some proper BT speedtesting but whatever it is, its still being piss poor every evening after 7pm til about 11pm.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Speed issues tonight?

There was some maintenance work done this morning which is likely to have caused quite a few dropped connections.

If you continue to have problems of this type then please run the fault tester at http://faults.plus.net/ to see if that brings anything up.