cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed issues: resolved?

N/A

Well it's all looking good today. Maybe the speed problems with the homepages have finally been resolved! Things picked up dramatically after the cache was finally removed, and I would go so far as to say that currently, normal service has been restored! It's been a long time coming though, so I don't think anyone deserves any pats on the back at Plus Net. Let's just hope you guys can build on this moving forward though, and prevent similar problems in the future. I think you've got a long way to go to restore confidence.

Also, although it's largely academic, I'd really like to know why you seemed unaware of the caching that was taking place over the weekend, as I described in this thread.
8 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

Glad that's now OK. Regarding the caching of html pages and jpeg images, as we put on service status these shouldn't have been cached. Just wondering which file extensions you are using for your files.
N/A

.htm and .jpg. I did ask a while back if this was specifically .html pages that weren't being cached, or if that also included the .htm extension, which would've seemed logical.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

As far as I know it included both .htm and .html and .jpg and .jpeg. If we need to put it back on I'll get clarification for you.
N/A

Definitely greatly improved here.

I noticed this during the day, but thought little of it, as it has quite often been the case recently that things improved for a while and then slowed to a crawl in late afternoon, deteriorating to "go and put the kettle on while waiting for page to load" by mid-evening.

Monday evening between about 8 and 9 pm though, usually not a good time, everything running fine. Smiley

At this rate there will be a couple of hundred redundancy notices handed out on tea plantations around the world by the end of the week. Wink
N/A

WOW some mega speed

My Php site is now running very smoothly.

Keep up the good work Plusnet

Nathan
N/A

ukgadgets, why does your sig try to write a cookie on my machine?
painswck
Grafter

cdpsoftware I agree with you. bad enough advertising in a big sig. but not amused by a posting here trying to save cookies to my machine. UKgadgets I thing uou need to sort it.
N/A

Apologies

Hey guys, I’m truly sorry. I didn't know cookies were been sent.

This I think is due to a cookie mis-configuration on my site. - Oh well back to the drawing board.

Banner now removed!