cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed issues - floods?

N/A

Speed issues - floods?

Hi folks

I am experiencing a dramatic drop in my speeds, is this caused by the floods or something else?

Here's some stats

Router: BT Voyager 2100
Line Rate
Downstream = 4608 Kbps
Upstream = 448 Kbps

Noise Margin
downstream = 14.5db
upstream = 21.0db

Line Attenuation
downstream = 29.0db
upstream = 20.0db

BT Speed Test Results
IP profile = 4000Kbps
throughput = 216 at worst 72 Kbps

ThinkBroadband
dowstream = 219.88
upstream = 96.15

+Net @ 22:41
261Kbps

Any thoughts??

Regards
Simon
8 REPLIES
p_w_d_stone
Grafter

Speed issues - floods?

Doesn't look like this is related to weather or flooding as your sync rate is fine.

Therefore, please can you complete a BT Speedtest (see help here) to check your IP profile.

As it's towards the end of the month can you also check if you've exceeded your usage allowance.
N/A

Speed issues - floods?

please can you complete a BT Speedtest (see help here) to check your IP profile.

Already done that, result is in my post
IP profile = 4000Kbps

As it's towards the end of the month can you also check if you've exceeded your usage allowance.

Done that too, nothing untoward there

Sim
p_w_d_stone
Grafter

Speed issues - floods?

Sorry, I missed that as I was busy with other threads.

As throughput is low on the BT Speedtester, it doesn't sound like an RWIN or MTU issue. The puzzle is that your sync rate is so high compared to the throughput, the difference is too large to be explained away by exchange contention.

I take it you were the only user using the connection at the time and that no P2P apps were running? What spec computer did you use for the speedtests and how is it connected?
N/A

Speed issues - floods?

I take it you were the only user using the connection at the time and that no P2P apps were running? What spec computer did you use for the speedtests and how is it connected?

All tests done from this PC, other PC are not switched on, which is connected by ethernet cable to router. Router is A1 secure, no one is taking a free ride on my BB connection. Wink
No p2p, ftp, or streaming apps running, just plain ol'browsing

Sim
N/A

Speed issues - floods?

Hi again,

Speeds have gone back up

Im happy again now.

Sim
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Speed issues - floods?

Hi,

You might want to take a look at this:

http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/archive/bb_plus.shtml

You can check your current usage under View My Usage under Connection Settings on the left.
N/A

Speed issues - floods?

Hi there,

I have a similar issue. As of yesterday morning I am experiencing speeds of 0kb/s down on P2P applications (regardless of the time), however uploading is working just fine. I have no idea what's causing this and I haven't used much of my monthly allowance.

Can a member of staff please check this?

Thanks!
Mand
Grafter

Speed issues - floods?

Hi there,

Is it only P2P that's affected? I've had a look at your account and can't see anything untoward.

If you could raise a ticket with as much information as possible I'll get one of the networks guys to investigate this for you in more detail.