cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed issue

N/A

Speed issue

hi, my usage got reset earlier but i'm only connecting between 1 and 1.5mb, yet i normally connect 5-5.8mb. can anyone tell me what might be causing this speed issue. I use a modem so no issue of reseting router etc.
13 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Speed issue

Whether you have a modem or router, the issue we need to look at is what line speed it is synchronising with at the exchange.

It's quite possible there's been a change to the line, and your bRAS profile has changed causing such low sync speeds.

Can you post your stats from your modem please?

If you're not sure how, take a look at Kitz's site to find out Wink

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.htm

Kind regards,

Roger.
N/A

Speed issue

hey, is this what you need?

upstream- 7616 Downstream- 448
Latency- interleave
Rf- up 0 Down 0
RI - up 16 down 16
D- up 16 down- 2
S- up 1 down 8
Framing OH- Reduced overhead
Trellis- Trellis disabled
Community Veteran

Speed issue

Hiya,

Something doesn't seem right with those modem stats :\

For example - Seeing the "Framing" set as "Reduced Overhead" seems a little odd, as this should be set to VC-MUX

Again, Trellis being disabled, this should be set to "ON"

I do see you're interleaved, but that shouldn't make any difference at all.

EDIT: I've just done some digging and if you're interleaved, some modems will report your framing as Reduced Overhead

If you can, have a play with your modem settings to see if you can change Trellis to be on.

Also, a test with the BT Speedtester should give you an idea of what your IP profile and the actual speed throughput is.

If your IP profile is considerably lower than your sync speed, then it might need some time to come back up, or resetting.

There might also be a fault with the line or a filter that has only just manifested itself - if you can, plug your modem straight into the BT Master socket (remove the front face plate and plug straight into the socket on the left - this bypasses all the extensions in your property.

Hope this helps you.

Roger.
N/A

Speed issue

ok, thanks for the imformative reply, i'll give this atry and let you know what happens Smiley
N/A

Speed issue

hey, had a play with modem settings, trellis is set to on but coming up as off :? haven't tried the master socket yet, but im currently running at 700kb, way off the 6 odd mb i'm usually getting! If it is a sync problem, which i'm guessing it is, do you know how long it's likely to take to sort itself out and if regular disconnects will help or if it's best to leave it connected?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Speed issue

So long as it stays sync'd at 7616kbps then the throughput should increase automatically within 3-5 days.
N/A

Speed issue

What does the BT Speedtester report for your IP Profile?

If it was just a rogue sync event then you should see this increasing back to previous levels over the next few days.

Also worth checking here to ensure that PN are receiving delta reports from BT in a timely fashion.
Alphakk1
Grafter

Speed issue

Has anyone got Bt speed test to work lately keeps crashing after inputing number.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Speed issue

Just checked it on my line at home and it worked OK, do you have the latest version of Java installed?
N/A

Speed issue

hey, the plusnet thing says 8000kb, and the bt test says:
Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test: -provides background information.
IP profile for your line is - 6500 kbps
DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM) 7616 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 5978 kbps
so it seems to have sorted itself out lol Smiley
N/A

Speed issue

Hi my speeds have dropped way down again, i'm rarely connecting above 1mb. I've done a fault checker annd plus net seem to think that a speed drop this bad is acceptable and won't look into it? how can they justify that? :?
Community Veteran

Speed issue

Hi there.

Unfortunately the reply you received was an automated scripted response which was clearly incorrect.

I have reaised internally for investigation and have forwarded your ticket to our faults team for further investigation.

Please accept my apologies for this error and rest asured that we will do all we can to resolve this for you.
N/A

Speed issue

ok, thanks Smiley