cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed drop offs!!!

N/A

Speed drop offs!!!

Urgh!!! p2p gone completely tits up this afternoon! 5 times in the last 20 minutes ive seen speed for all my p2p apps drop to 0 then pickup for a few minutes before dropping to 0 again! Browsing has also been total rubbish this afternoon as well!!! whats going on +net anyone care to commentHuh
6 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Speed drop offs!!!

If you're seeing slow speeds accross the board, then I would suggest taking a look at this post as it will provide you with some pointers on trouble shooting a speed fault.
Community Veteran

Speed drop offs!!!

Just as an aside... the last point on the above noted thread, says to leave your connection and your hardware on to allow testing to be carried out.

How does this fit with people havig faults on BB+ ? Unless they opt out of the idle timeouts, then they cant leave it up for testing. Does this mean speed faults for BB+ customers cannot be tested by PN?
N/A

Speed drop offs!!!

No offence to anyone but im not going through the same old bull doing speed test when i know my equipment is functioning correctly. Its only been this afternoon that ive noticed the speed drop offs, I have a monitor running and can see the dropouts, I would imagine its the ellacoyas not anythnig to do with my equipment or my line!!! I didnt say browsing was non existent I said it was rubbish. SO it isnt across the board.
JonathanW
Grafter

Speed drop offs!!!

But due to the differences between http traffic and p2p traffic it is possible that they are all suffering in the same way, you just see it more on p2p due to the fact that its a continuous stream of traffic, where as http is bursty in nature.

As for the tests, at the vey least you should think about trying a BT speed test, as it is possible that something has happened at your exchange to cause this, and it will show one way or the other whether this is a Plusnet issue or a BT issue.

With regards to your hardware, it is possible for hardware to fail. As an example, one of the guys who works in the CSC had a toaster, it worked perfectly fine for three years, and then just suddenly stopped working one day. Now an ADSL router is a little more complex than a toaster, but the idea is the same, hardware can and does fail.
N/A

Speed drop offs!!!

Perhaps but not 2 peices of equipment fail in the same day at the same time! Both happen on my Router and my PCI ADSL Modem, both have suffered the speed drop outs this afternoon!! Ive checked my exchange, there is nothing there to suggest a problem! All the speed tests done at ADSL Guide and the BT Speed tester show a good solid line and connection.
N/A

Speed drop offs!!!

Update, i have just suffered another drop out! 20:45 it lasted a minute! p2p completely bombed out again, both Downstream and Upstream. Then after 1 minute all back to normal.

Can someone from PN Check this for me? getting a bit fed up of it now.