cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Upgrade

N/A

Speed Upgrade

Hi, I requested my speed to be upgraded to 2mb for 14.99 rather than being in the backlog list and waiting 4 or more weeks for my speed to be bumped up!!
So I paid the money to plus net, they requested bt to upgrade my line - they said yes and now in my speedtouch 510v4 modem router control panel it tells me:

Speed (Kbit/sec) : 288 up / 2272 down

it was 542 down about 30 mins ago,

so i did a speedtest and the results tell me i am still on 512, maybe later on today the speed will be up (plus net did say it will take about 5-7 days for the upgrade, but maybe this is happening within a day?? its wierd... will give it some hours and see what happens Smiley

chris Cool
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Speed Upgrade

You are being throttled ring PN (number at bottom of page) and tell them that you are definatley syncing at 2MB/s and ask them to lift the throttle, CS flick a switch then you will need to reboot your modem and you will get 2MB/s speeds.
N/A

Re: Speed Upgrade

Hi, I requested my speed to be upgraded to 2mb for 14.99 rather than being in the backlog list and waiting 4 or more weeks for my speed to be bumped up!!
So I paid the money to plus net, they requested bt to upgrade my line - they said yes and now in my speedtouch 510v4 modem router control panel it tells me:

Speed (Kbit/sec) : 288 up / 2272 down

it was 542 down about 30 mins ago,

so i did a speedtest and the results tell me i am still on 512, maybe later on today the speed will be up (plus net did say it will take about 5-7 days for the upgrade, but maybe this is happening within a day?? its wierd... will give it some hours and see what happens Smiley

chris Cool

You've got to remember BT are slow in contacting PN to tell them they've done the work, as soon as PN know they'll have your connection un-throttled and you'll have your faster speed.