cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Tests

N/A

Speed Tests

Does the traffic shaping effect speed test results from sites other than PN's own speed tester ? I ask because according to the PN speed test I can download at 246KB. At ADSLguide's speed test I am getting poor results of between 120 and 170KB. I used to get around 240 241KB every time. This has only happened in the last couple of days. I've tried a couple of other test sites and the results are even worse. HTTP and Bit Torrents don't seem to be effected, just speed test results. Any ideas anyone ?
Regards, John Taylor.
2 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Speed Tests

The traffic shaping shouldn't have any effect on speed test results, no matter which site you are using. Though the site in question can cause some slowdown, especially if the site is busy at the time, similarly if the connection between yourself and the server is busy, this can cause some slowdown.
N/A

Speed Tests

Yes, I agree with you, some slowdown I can understand if the server is busy, however, I don't think it will be busy 24 hrs a day for 2 days. It isn't just one site, I've tried 3 or 4, and they are all the same. I have tried at all hours as well, so the network isn't busy all the time, is it ?
Regards, John Taylor.
Edit
Well, hush my mouth. In the last 10 mins it's gone back to normal. 15 mins ago it was rubbish and has been all day. Have you been tinkering ? :lol: