cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Restrictions.

N/A

Speed Restrictions.

Hi.

Recently I have been Moved to MaxDSL. Love it so far. Although I thought I would have got about 7.5-8meg with my line stats.

I did a speed test and am only getting 6.5. I am syncing at full speed 8128Kb/448Kb.

Is this because I have the highest level of restriction applied? I am on BB+. I did the speed test in the morning before posting this.
5 REPLIES
Highlighted
___oDiN__
Grafter

Speed Restrictions.

its is upto and depends on contention/line conditions and of couse bb+ is throttled somewhat anyway.

what package are you on price ect?
N/A

Speed Restrictions.

I am paying 14.99. and have gone past the 4.5gb peak limit.
Community Veteran

Speed Restrictions.

of couse bb+ is throttled somewhat anyway

could you expand on that a trifle?

ta
Community Veteran

Speed Restrictions.

BB+ is not designed for heavy traffic or P2P downloading. As a result heavy traffic management is applied thus slowing the connection down during peak periods and less so off-peak (but P2P is still heavily restricted). If you go over the peak time limits (3GB for BB+), things slowdown even more and going well over it some things like P2P are blocked completely until your billing date.
Community Veteran

Speed Restrictions.

Ok I knew about management over 3GB but my BB+ 2MB consistently speedtests at c.1800kbps (+150/-200) during peak- or off-peak times, so I was surprised at the comment that it was "throttled ... anyway" which seemed to imply "at most times". I don't use p2p or ftp however.
What is very unclear (or I just can't find it anywhere) is details as to how aggressively management is applied to BB+ accounts. There is a list of speeds for management of Premier accounts but the BB+ details just say "progressively applied" which doesn't really say anything.
However I'm rapidly sliding away from the original topic of this thread so I'll stop now.