Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Regrade (another thread!)

wizbongre
Grafter

Hi,

I've just noticed this evening my router is now synching with F9 at 2272 but I'm still only getting 1Mbps download speeds on both the F9 speed test and the ADSLGuide speed test... (I've done a few reboots to be sure.)

My exchange was due to be upgraded in August (after being delayed from the original date of July) so it does kind of tie in..

I was wondering what I should do? Do I raise a ticket to find out what's happening?

Thanks in advance.

Wizbongre.
8 REPLIES
N/A

Raise a ticket to get the 1mbit limit lifted on your account, don't upgrade through the website or it will charge you Wink

Have fun on your speed increase!

Jarv
N/A

Raise a ticket to get the 1mbit limit lifted on your account, don't upgrade through the website or it will charge you Wink

Have fun on your speed increase!

Jarv

I tried that when our exchange was upgraded earlier this year. However because we are a business customer (remember those F9/Plusnet, we're the ones that pay you more money for worse service...) we have to "Wait until the new accounts are released...."

It's been 3-4 months since then. STILL no increase/upgrade, STILL paying more than most other people for what is now a mediocre service. The only reason we aren't changing ISPs is we don't want to change email addresses just yet.

If you are on a business 1mbit account, then forget it and either wait it out or change ISP

Dave
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Hi there Dave,

I've made some changes to your account. Please disconnect and reconnect, you should then be on 2MB.
N/A

i am having the same issue.. i got the e-mail to say i am being upgraded over a month ago but nothing yet. My router is showing the 2MB speed. DO i need to raise a ticket?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

Give your modem/router a reboot you should now be on 2Mbps.
N/A

Speed Regrade

I think it could be beneficial to F9 to create a Ticket that is specific to requesting a speed regrade on their system, since i found my router to now be connected at 2mb but still limited to 512k speeds, I began the ticket process but if you follow the wizard correctly you get asked if you agree to admin fees in case BT are required to check your line, i bailed at this point. Could the regrade be made to my account as well please? Thanks Dan
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

That's been done for you, give your modem a reboot. In normal circumstances you'd be sent an email a couple of days after the regrade's been done which will change the speed flag on our side at the same time.
N/A

awesome cheers, that worked great!